seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22-77,A10o,A4s-A5s,Kjs-KQs,JQs.
Theese exact speculative hands.
what will you do with theese if you get them dealt specifically on Utg and Utg+1.
in a 9 max table.
generally a loose passive table with couple of fishes 1 or 2 Tag and nit and around table average of 80 BB.
witg the 22-77 hand range i think limping is best play considering the loose action and calling stations.
after playing like 60k hands at .05/10 i feel like limping is the best play Ep with that range and other range i generally fold or raise them depending on my image around.
but i am always tentative with them Ep!

H

harcsat6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what will you do with theese if you get them dealt specifically on Utg and Utg+1.
in a 9 max table.
generally a loose passive table with couple of fishes 1 or 2 Tag and nit and around table average of 80 BB.
witg the 22-77 hand range i think limping is best play considering the loose action and calling stations.
after playing like 60k hands at .05/10 i feel like limping is the best play Ep with that range and other range i generally fold or raise them depending on my image around.

Limp never option
Fold 2-77,A10o,A4s-A5s,Kjs, open KQs QJs
U play a lot oop , passiv , caped range.

S

Spewster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy decision, fold them. The reason that 6Max exists is because UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2 are the tightest positions in Full Ring Tables.

And those positions almost never play untill they hold AQs+ and QQ+, so they're just super boring.

It doesn't matter how passive the table is, you can not play any speculative hand in FR EP. One 3bet or even worse, multiway pot and your hand is toast.

Would probably make an exception for A2s-A5s, but only as a bluff if you are on a table full of nits, since it's basically a top pair with backup equity.

Everything below QQ+ is basically set mining from OOP

KQs in EP...some like it, I don't and I don't play it OOP anymore. Reverse implieds makes this hand - EV for me. Personal decision

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22-77= Limp, call any raise as long as they have at least 10x your investment. These are the best hands in hold'em all factors considered.
A10o= Fold. Lose massive pot or win a small pot with this 9 max dominated hand.
A4s-A5s= 2.5x raise. Caution with Ace on flop.
Kjs-KQs= The most reverse implied odds hand is KJs fold it. 3x with KQs caution post flop if a K shows up.
JQs.= Fold. Dominated hand

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
limp for set mining with small pairs
limp w connectors
for all of the mentioned hands i prefer to limp/fold

basically in UTG i limp even with AA, it's perfect for reraise
limp/reraise with JJ+

UTG is a Ugly Terrible Ghastly position

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a 9 max table.

Definitely some hands that can see the flop :pcguru:

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy decision, fold them. The reason that 6Max exists is because UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2 are the tightest positions in Full Ring Tables.

And those positions almost never play untill they hold AQs+ and QQ+, so they're just super boring.

It doesn't matter how passive the table is, you can not play any speculative hand in FR EP. One 3bet or even worse, multiway pot and your hand is toast.

Would probably make an exception for A2s-A5s, but only as a bluff if you are on a table full of nits, since it's basically a top pair with backup equity.

Everything below QQ+ is basically set mining from OOP

KQs in EP...some like it, I don't and I don't play it OOP anymore. Reverse implieds makes this hand - EV for me. Personal decision

+1:icon_rr:

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a 9 max table.

you are in early position so call, even with 22 or 77. With KQs I would consider raising.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's not a good game to limp. For loose passive tables you always have to play aggressively. Utg and Utg + 1 positions with only premium hands and always raise.
22-77, A10o, A4S-A5s, KJs-KQs, Jqs, with these hands, I would play only under 10BB and only all-in

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Early game its an easy fold for me.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with those hands being Utg the best thing is to go up to make juicy the boat in case of flirting although the aces trash always throw me down and I'll end up fold:confused::wink:

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of time, on 9-max table, you should not play any of them at all. You can open-raise these hands sometimes for mixing your strategy but generally better not to play them from this position, I mean it. It's very hard to play poker OOP, you need a stronger hand to do it. Most of time you can't play these hand profitable in UTG. I'd say you should open at a 9-max table this range: 88+, AK(s), AQ(s), and you don't need to make this range wider if you don't have any specific read on your table, your opponents etc. I would even fold AJs from UTG most of time at a cash 9-max table, it's not about being tight, it's just math - you can't argue with math bro. You just can't play these hand profitable from EP most of time. Of cause you can do what you want, sometimes it's fine to open 22, just remember you better not to do this every time.

I agree with all the posters saying you just need to fold em. That's true.

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends dude. Depends on the kind of tourney, depends on the time of the tourney and on the players on the table.

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Range

in a 9 max table.
I would never open these. Hands utg as they are either flipping or totaly dominated lets say we open KQs UTG and gets raised by the cut off you are in a bad spot likely dominated by AA KK QQ AK AQ and flipping vs JJ 1010 99 88 77 66 deffinatly .not a happy spot

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a 9 max table.

So we have 80bb I'm folding all these hands. Make your money in position. Or against bad players, terrible spot to try and "get" in with a speculative hand.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands