How do you play flopped full house?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotten a few great flops but feel that I’m losing value. Example.
Hero 55 in BB
2 players to flop.
Flop 225 (2 hearts)
I have a $200 stack.

Should I be check raising?​

Check calling?
Check call lead turn?
Check call lead turn only when heart comes?
Check call check turn raise if AKQ comes?
Realistacly for Villian to catch up would need a AKQ turn. I have been check raising and villains are folding often....Dream scenario is villain holds big over pair and can’t find fold. Any tips? Thanks everyone love your feedback.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check-calling and check-raising are both fine, and you could look to mix it up and do a little of both. Its just a part of poker, that we are not always going to get paid. The Villain need to have something to play a big pot, like an overpair or a flush draw, and if he dont, there is nothing, we can do about it.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I check call the flop if its there (a bet to call) if no flop bet, I bet first on the turn sometimes but probably would....
Check raise the turn if its there (the bet to raise)
if it gets to the river, I bet first
of course the whole time I'm hoping for action and hoping I don't run into a bigger full house,
which can happen

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overall I lean toward check-raising on this board. Its kind of an ideal situation, because we are not representing much. Did we call a preflop raise with a 2 in our hand, not very likely. So when we check-raise, we pretty much have 55, a draw or a complete airball. Or maybe we are overplaying a small pocket pair. So from someone, who can hand read, a check-raise in this spot should not get a tremendous amount of respect. Which is of course fantastic, when we actually happen to have the goods.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great stuff, I’m going check call, mess around turn see what happens.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Just to add to the reasons to play it with a check raise. The lower your top full house is the less you should probably slow-play it.

As fundiver stated a low board is harder to connect with and you can add bluffs to your value hands if you need to balance.

Another reason is that you can get outdrawn if somebody hits with an over pair (just two outs in this case but still). The over card can also scare freeze your opponent(s).

If you have A big full hose like you hole cars are AA and the flop/board is 22A instead you are almost certain to win and almost only get bet into if the other player(s) have an ace or a two. In that case I prefer to check call.

It also as always comes down to image, gameflow, player type and so on.

But general rule: fast on low boards and if you do slowplay do it on higher boards when your hand is almost a lock.

You play a lot of other hands the same way if you need to balance.

To check to the raiser is also standard in most games, but against some bad aggressive players or very passive calling stations sometimes a donk-bet can build a bigger pot.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like check call here. Opponents will often bluff or semi bluff with flash draw or Ace high for example.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allow me to share my worst bad beat, which applies to this subject. I was deep into an online tournament, past the money bubble, and I entered a pot with Q4 and the flop was QQ4. A flopped full house, which was perfectly disguised. There were two other players in the pot, and the blinds were 4K/8K, so it was very deep. I checked the flop, and then the second player bet 8K, which was called by number three, and then I called. The turn was a meaningless 6. Check, 16K, call, call. The river was an 8, which made one of my opponents a higher full house.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allow me to share my worst bad beat, which applies to this subject. I was deep into an online tournament, past the money bubble, and I entered a pot with Q4 and the flop was QQ4. A flopped full house, which was perfectly disguised. There were two other players in the pot, and the blinds were 4K/8K, so it was very deep. I checked the flop, and then the second player bet 8K, which was called by number three, and then I called. The turn was a meaningless 6. Check, 16K, call, call. The river was an 8, which made one of my opponents a higher full house.

Sucks man, only advice I can give is deep in a tournament don’t try to get to show down in spots like this...he may have folded to enough pressure because of his kicker. Same shit happened to me sucks...

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
keep them in the hand. Check and call until the river. Push the river..

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is his position, OR size? Do you have bluff with donk bet, with check-raise? Do you play vs fish, vs reg? If I play against fish, I want this raise to look as bluff. This board 522 with possible FD is perfect. Check-raise imo. Vs reg (with history) I will play with check-raise, only if I have bluffs or semi-bluffs. I don't have donk bet on the flop ( vs one player). If I don't have bluffs, then only check-call. "Slow play"...Check-raise on the river.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see the point of inflating the bank here. How big are the stakes to fight the flop. If the opponent gets a hand, you risk losing everything.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I come out betting. You still will get a caller. Most Players call you with any two cards and will try to steal the pot at later streets. Bet a smaller amount. And Bet the turn. Good Luck At The Tables.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It has happened to me many times with many hands. The action depends from the opponents and how aggresive or tight they are. I would play generally carefully after the flop and more aggresive close to the river.

ch1r4q

ch1r4q

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd check-raise, if it was a stronger hand I'd check call, but with a small pair like that I'd definitely check-raise.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I think in order to answer this question, need a little more information about the villain. If he is a cautious player, he can easily fold his cards and it is better to use a slowplay game. If he is an aggressive player, you can check-raise on the turn to increase the pot.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that check-calling or c-betting are both much preferable than check-raising, which looks so much stronger. The argument for c-betting, which would be my choice, is that either your opponents have something, specifically an over-pair or a flush draw, and aren't likely to pay anymore if they don't. If either one of these scenarios is true, you're very likely to get paid. Checking, obviously, also allows your opponents to catch up. The next part is sizing your bet. I think a small bet, maybe one-third of bet, might appear very weak to your two opponents in the hand and might get them to bluff you.

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By my opinion, check raise is a big mistake, because you show clearly that you have a big hand. Check call is definitely the right move.
Gotten a few great flops but feel that I’m losing value. Example.
Hero 55 in BB
2 players to flop.
Flop 225 (2 hearts)
I have a $200 stack.

Should I be check raising?​

Check calling?
Check call lead turn?
Check call lead turn only when heart comes?
Check call check turn raise if AKQ comes?
Realistacly for Villian to catch up would need a AKQ turn. I have been check raising and villains are folding often....Dream scenario is villain holds big over pair and can’t find fold. Any tips? Thanks everyone love your feedback.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree no check raising. This more than likely will cause a fold to check raise
Against experienced player HU c-bet
He will float. Induced bet at turn and river

Against newbie. I Check -call or check-check depending what turn or river shows. Try have him hit something at turn /river to induce betting

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d check call the flop, same for the turn trying to keep them in the hand. I would bet 2-3 times the bb and hope they’d shove.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my opponent but I am usually checking the flop.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I think in order to answer this question, need a little more information about the villain. If he is a cautious player, he can easily fold his cards and it is better to use a slowplay game. If he is an aggressive player, you can check-raise on the turn to increase the pot.

I agree with this post, how to play this hand in this spot, pretty much depends entirely on your opponent and how her or she plays. Knowledge of possible hand ranges in this certain spot is a good thing to have. I would need to know what your position on the table was, to advise what to do better. That being said I like to make small bets into flops with made hands, depending on the player and if he may like to continue on flops or not, you should know this about your opponent to make a better decisions. Was there a raise pre-flop if so by who, kind of matters. Don't be afraid to bet your monster hands, just make the bet size reasonable , almost price your opponent in the whole way and build that pot for the river bet. There's nothing worse than missing out on value because you couldn't or didn't build your pot properly for max value. Against tight passive players I find myself checking more often but I still believe that a bet in these spots still works out better in the long run, I like to build pots for max value with my strong holdings.