seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing 1$/2$ nl cash game.
And i was having a rough session as i lost with pocket tens against 9's him flopping a set.
Now after lot of grinding i got my deficit back to 0 after that.
And then i was dealt AA in utg+1
Player from utg raised 5 bb and i reraised big, he reraised again i went all in and he called with 7 3 off.
And he flopped and a 7 and rivered a 7.
:(

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last week I played the CC freeroll (for FRC members) which usually has good players that don't make stupid moves. I was a rather short stack with aprox 20-25BB and my shove got called pre flop by: K7s, 63s, A2o on three separate occasions.
Ofcourse I busted against these hands despite being huge favorite to win every single one of those.
I got pissed, like really pissed, made a post about it here on CC, only to see people saying things like: chill, you got it in good so it will be better next time.
This being a cash game, doesn't change much.

And really, it all comes down to whether your play is good in the long run or not. Getting it in with AA against 73 is pretty much on the + side :)
I'd say don't worry too much, shake it off and continue grinding!

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And i was having a rough session as i lost with pocket tens against 9's him flopping a set.
Player from utg raised 5 bb and i reraised big, he reraised again i went all in and he called with 7 3 off.
I stop play poker for at least half a year if that happened to me ��
Bad beats happen. But I would have moved table if I see lunatics going all the way with 7 3...

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That is exactly what I would like to see in my table. I mean that someone who is willing to go all-in preflop with 73o against your AA is your dream opponent and you will smash them in the long run. It is just bad beat that happened to you and you have to accept that it is part of poker. It has happened to you before and it will happen to you again in the future.

You deal with it because you know that it is you who wins in the long run. The most important thing is to know that you have made the right decision. You made the right move but then just got unlucky, there's nothing you can do about it.

In that previous situation however, where you lost with pocket 10's, you can ask yourself if you made the right move or not. You are not explaining more what happened there but you probably overvalued your own hand that was just one pair after all. Even if it would've been an overpair. You could have been able to prevent that loss by playing better so try to learn from it so you won't make the same mistake again. Just like I said, it's all about making the right decision. Sometimes you still lose, but in the long run you come out as a winner.