How to avoid bluffing pitfalls.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how often are you bluffing per session?Lost a large portion of my bankroll on bluffs.

Thank you, Vax1op369

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there is always that big risk that goes hand in hand with bluffing. How long have you been playing the game? If you are new, you need to stop bluffing at all until you have some years of experience. Sit back and be patient and the playable cards will come your way. But that's your business, and if you want to try bluffing here and there, keep in mind that you have to make a believer out of the other player, and believe me, at times a small bet will work just as good as a big one

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how often are you bluffing per session?Lost a large portion of my bankroll on bluffs.

Thank you, Vax1op369
Don't bluff unless you know your opponent/s will fold.If your'e bluffing too often, a smart player will read through you as if reading a children's book.
You will often find yourself being called all the way to the river, but because you bluff so often, you can't see that opponent has you beat.

Take notes on players often, pay attention to betting patterns.

I had mentioned this in another thread of yours because both questions relate to being able to know your opponent and if you know your opponent, you'll know who you can bluff and who you can't.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not give your chips left and right
Playing a weak ace - be ready to give the stack

Bluffing should only be rotated if there is a sense and background in it. It is extremely important to bet on a flop or turn (or on two streets at once), especially if you are playing in a position (that is, acting last). Then your bet on the river will be believed much more willingly, if you bet earlier, so that your opponent believes that you have a really strong hand. In addition, you can win the pot on the turn if there are players in the hand who try to pull a flash or a straight.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would guess, because there is no stats for that for me 50% bluffs on the flop, 20% OTT, 5% OTR. So easy to exploit, sigh.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always suggest that before bluffing you should know the players at the table, knowing the game of each one of them gives you an advantage, you can also bluff, for example, on a flop where the cards are not high or are not projected to color or ladder, bluffing with a Flop is very dangerous because there will always be someone who has made a project

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only bluff in the right situations. Look at the board and know the players. Just barreling is not going to win consistently

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing is you gotta know the villain. If the dude calls everything, value bet him, don't bluff.

Then you gotta consider board texture, action on previous streets, and your history with villain, if you recall.

To bluff well you gotta tell a convincing story. Visualize that you DO have a hand. How would you play it? Then play it the same way as you bluff.

Also, consider what villain may have.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never bluff fools, and lower your bluff rate online by 90%. seriously....

no one wants to walk away from a live Tourney, but online they will click knowing they can be in another game in 30 seconds.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on if you call c-betting a bluff, I'll do that maybe 50% of the time I'm the initial pre flop raiser but I don't just outright bluff pre flop very often. I might raise from position with a hand I might fold out of position but I'm not sure if that's really a bluff, is it?

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bluff is is easy you put the villain in the hands reach if you see that he has nothing ,bet but not too high or too low if he pays you ,you did not lose many chips good luck with the bluffs

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I believe that bluffing is a subtle tool in poker. Use it rarely. And preferably against certain players - thinkers. Also, do not forget that you can turn a bluff from the nuts.