Hold'em To Omaha

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon people. I would like to hear your opinion. What is the possibility of a good Hold'em player becoming a good Omaha player? Given that they are very similar. Hug!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello good afternoon.
I think that possibility exists, in which case the strategies for Omaha will have to be adapted.
They seem very similar, but to master both, a lot of study is needed.
Currently I do not encourage myself to play seriously in Omaha. Although I would like it, I know that I have to develop my game better.
Greetings.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cashed in my first Omaha tourney. It is so much more of a drawing game than Texas Holdem. You have so much more to anticipate with the other opponent having 4 cards to make a hand from, but know that he has to anticipate the same from you.

If you are the guy who likes to flush on the river and knows when your straight is coming Omaha is for you.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, in the first place, the combination of cards is the only thing that is the same in these two types of poker. As far as I know, there is only a pot-limit of Omaha, unlike Hold'em, which can be either a pot-limit or without a limit. I believe that if a person likes poker, he will become a good player in any variation of this game. But Omaha and Hold'em are two completely different games, with their own characteristics and nuances.