Hit and Run

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Am I the only person it irks when someone hits and run. Do you ever do it? Is it ok to do it?

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes do it, when I need to play x hands to get a ticket, but in general I don't see a problem at all. Lots of players follow strict BRM rules and set limits, so when they've won their amount, they stop playing. But why worry? there's another player coming to replace him.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...sometimes u have to..zoom if it bothers player...thanks darrell

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing while waiting for a tourney is a reason to hit and run. Also quick double up and its time to go. All depends on you BRM like Peppinotom said

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah its irritating, but nothing you can do about it so try not to let it bother you.

Kooljackai

Kooljackai

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stack strategy employs hit and run game. I do it a lot

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All right, yes, in poker there are a myriad of combinations and possible hands.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a complicated and complex game. When you win big and your stack get big you need to re calibrate for deep stack play. If you dont know how to do that you should get up from the table. Hence it may look like a hit and run but it is just protecting your intrests.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not forbidden and as mentioned there are different reasons which may cause person to hit and run. It does not bother me.

toteucelbun

toteucelbun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely shouldn't bother you. It should bring you a laugh instead seeing others having such fears. Good luck at tables!

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not care as long as I get his chips in the end .. he can do this all his life I'm going to be very happy .. But you need to be careful sometimes he does this to change his reading on the table ... and when he goes to the end he can extract lots of your chips.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done it on occasion, to measure the hand of the opponents, or simply to make a blof. I do not consider it to be a bad practice because until now it has worked for me and I managed to get it right with mine despite not linking anything.:cool::cool:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I sit down to play, then I play for several hours and if during this period I win and then I stop playing the card, I’m out of the game, but there are players who play one or two hands, they win and leave, and such players annoy me, I’m I do not want to play with such players and press the button to be out for 5 minutes while they are playing!

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I think that hit and run is bad for the game because of several reasons: it breaks a good game, ruin your image if you are a regular at that stakes, people don't give you action anymore, you miss your chances to win more money. So the next time you play poker, don't hit and run, and play until the end.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What it confuses me is when someone goes allwin with a bad hand (72o), wins and after that starts to "play right"

WTF!

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About "Hit and Run" for me, fine, maybe he need to go to the bathroom

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nothing wrong with quitting a winner!!

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing wrong with it.
also it is even advised as a 'potentially good strategy'

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In rare cases, when there are not enough cents, I can sit at the table to win a few blinds and run away)))

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People short on time will hop on and off. Nothing you can do about. I wouldn't let it bother you. Out of your control.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely try not to but it’s necessary at times especially when Im lacking playing time.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, what your talking about is often referred to as 'ratholing'. I occasionally do it if i'm taking a shot at bigger stakes than I normally play. Or sometimes I just don't feel like playing for very long so in that case i'll rathole after a quick double-up. If it's online poker then who cares, do it whenever you please. In a live game it's generally looked at as somewhat rude but hey, it's your money so you can do as you please with it :D.

Keep in mind though, if you want to come back to that same game then you'll have to bring the exact amount of chips that you left with until a certain amount of times passes(usually a few hours.).

Last edited:
VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I too know this as a "rat-hole"

I think where it becomes unethical is when you sit down, win a big pot or double up and leave really fast only to go sit at another table right away and keep doing it over and over again. If you sit down, double up fast and then leave to play a mtt or to take a break from playing, that's probably fine. Of course some might say they see no problem with doing it over and over, but that's probably because they do it a lot themselves.

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens a lot of times but it's a strategy that they use a lot and it just works for them, as others say they take their place and do not let that bother you :cool: