Help!!! My 3 bets are getting exploited!

C

CashTaker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In deep stack cash games, I'm finding that I'm getting exploited when I 3 bet preflop. My range when I 3 bet is pretty much QQ+/AK with some occaisional Axs. I'm beginning to believe that my range is too well defined which is allowing my opponents to play too perfectly postflop. My opponents will tend to setmine or come in with suited connectors in order to try to make the nuts or close to it postflop and stack me.

Do I need to add additional classes of hands to my 3 bet range in order to become more difficult to hand read and less exploitable in that way? Or do I just need to increase my preflop raise size and charge a higher price on my opponents preflop speculative hands?

What is your 3 bet strategy in deep cash games? Thanks!

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are deep, you are not supposed to get stacked with top pair or over pair type hands. You are not supposed to do that even 100bb deep. Balanced 3betting strategy comes way later than in nano stakes.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In deep stack cash games, I'm finding that I'm getting exploited when I 3 bet preflop. My range when I 3 bet is pretty much QQ+/AK with some occaisional Axs. I'm beginning to believe that my range is too well defined which is allowing my opponents to play too perfectly postflop. My opponents will tend to setmine or come in with suited connectors in order to try to make the nuts or close to it postflop and stack me.

Do I need to add additional classes of hands to my 3 bet range in order to become more difficult to hand read and less exploitable in that way? Or do I just need to increase my preflop raise size and charge a higher price on my opponents preflop speculative hands?

Mix it up. Sometimes instead of 3 betting, trap.

While it is probably true that a lot of the stuff that works at higher stakes won't work at lower stakes, the stuff that works at lower stakes can work at higher stakes. Don't forget that stuff.

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to change it up with the hands like AK sometimes just limp or 3 bet raise or 5 bet raise, just switch it up everytime.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yah switching it up everytime will diffently help and don't be scared of going all in

Gustavix320

Gustavix320

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on cash games, have alot flat calls on 3betting because they always deep stack and have so much strategy postflop than preflop, diferent on tournaments, ppl respect more 3bet, 4bet on mtts.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i read some good advice from Doug Polk's article about bluffing 4 bet, it may help

Yeah, there's some good stuff in there.

I also have some good info about 3/4-bets in polished poker. It's free, so it won't break your bank.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
John what if my bank goes bust cuz i aint borrowing?

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you need to identify those players and need to be very aware if you get a raise on any street postflop. It is correct to 3bet thos kind of hands. What you can try to do is to 3bet bluff on the blinds against btn and co steals.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

First, you need to determine if they're exploiting. What stakes are we talking here? Are there regular players? I've found it rare that low stakes fish exploit.

If you're sure they've adjusted to your 3! range, you need a counter adjustment. That means you'll need to work in more light 3-bets, and some bluffs. QQ+ and AK seems too narrow. 99+ AJ+ KQ-suited looks good for value 3!-ing. Occasionally 3-pop with something like (7,2) as well. Even that hand has some value HU, with the mid-card strength. Another adjustment is to flat hands you're now repopping. Do remember that when you play a trapping game, someone always gets trapped, and it may not be whom you want.

You will, of course, encounter more variance.

Do I need to add additional classes of hands to my 3 bet range in order to become more difficult to hand read and less exploitable in that way?
Yes, that and work on your post flop game so that you can get value from the more frequent marginal hands you're going to be making post.

Or do I just need to increase my preflop raise size and charge a higher price on my opponents preflop speculative hands?
You can, but, once again, you will see more variance. What you don't want to do is introduce any bet sizing tells. That will make you even more exploitable.

Depends on who's playing, and how I estimate they'll react to a 3!

F

Ficomkd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to limf
after their raise 4bet reraise

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wud open my range some and either call them,or shove all in, there are many with largerer BR and thats odds they take

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Suited small aces are great hands to 3bet with.

M

Mendex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Four bet them, especialy if they are LAG player playing lots of hands. And dont be afraid to go all in pre flop with a solid hand. AA n KK even QQ and AK if you know they 3 bet lots of hands chances are u r ahead. They will start folding more to your 3 bets