Heads up 10Nl Hold'em

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing heads up with villain, the stacks are pretty sane sized, 10$ apprx. Hero is on the button. Villain is pretty good LAG. Villain fills rest of BB and hero checks with 65 of hearts
Flop comes 7h 8h 3s.
Villain bets the pot. Hero calls with straight and flush draws.
Turn brings Jc.
Villain checks, hero checks.
River brings 9d completing hero's straight. Villain bets a pot and 3/5 pot(the pot is pretty small still) hero decides to raise2/3 of the pot. Villain shoves. What would you do and how bad was the play?

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold. On that board you turn your hand into a bluff when you raise river and you aren't calling off with a bluff.

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold. On that board you turn your hand into a bluff when you raise river and you aren't calling off with a bluff.
How do I turn my hand into a bluff when i have the third nuts in heads up?

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing heads up with villain, the stacks are pretty sane sized, 10$ apprx. Hero is on the button. Villain is pretty good LAG. Villain fills rest of BB and hero checks with 65 of hearts
Flop comes 7h 8h 3s.
Villain bets the pot. Hero calls with straight and flush draws.
Turn brings Jc.
Villain checks, hero checks.
River brings 9d completing hero's straight. Villain bets a pot and 3/5 pot(the pot is pretty small still) hero decides to raise2/3 of the pot. Villain shoves. What would you do and how bad was the play?

Any TX combinations obviously has you crushed. Hero should've raised turn, and also raised flop to charge any flush draws (or straight draws). One additional variable to consider would be how much more to call his shove (which I am too lazy to figure out with given starting stacks). A small amount of time he will be bluffing as you checked back all streets before the river. I give him credit for having a ten because of river 3-bet with little information on hero.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any TX combinations obviously has you crushed. Hero should've raised turn, and also raised flop to charge any flush draws (or straight draws). One additional variable to consider would be how much more to call his shove (which I am too lazy to figure out with given starting stacks). A small amount of time he will be bluffing as you checked back all streets before the river. I give him credit for having a ten because of river 3-bet with little information on hero.
Should be something like...pot = $0.20 on flop villain bets $0.20, hero calls, pot = $0.60 on river villain bets $1.00, hero raises $1.75, villain raises $7.00.
How do I turn my hand into a bluff when i have the third nuts in heads up?
You're representing a 10 which you don't have.

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should be something like...pot = $0.20 on flop villain bets $0.20, hero calls, pot = $0.60 on river villain bets $1.00, hero raises $1.75, villain raises $7.00.

the initial overbet on the river was weird as hell, but that 5-6x raise is huge so i would personally fold. you don't hold any potential blockers against villain's ideal preflop calling range.

J

Johnrickard123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, but I don't understand why you've put yourself in this position. By raising for value here you've opened yourself up to a re raise with the nuts or a re raise with a bluff. What was wrong with using your position to call his original 10BB overbet? I understand you wanting to go for value but you don't have the nuts, 107o, 105o, 1030 is certainly in his range here when he completes from the BB. You should have bet the turn here also, i think checking is on the passive side when you have a nut draw like you do here.

Did you call it down?