Have multi table players ruined online? 10+ tables

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often go looking for 6 max games and see that half seats are filled by regs playing 10+ tables. Sometimes 15 tables. Just turns into a massive nit fest all the time. I refuse to give these players any action. but does anyone else find this super annoying? Don’t even consider it poker at this point...idk super annoying thoughts?

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play on stars. Limited to 4 tables of regular games now.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you say that it's ruined? You don't wanna play hands (generally) vs. regs anyways, right? I mean if you are looking to make money, you will (mostly) make your money from the recreational players, not the good players.

Besides, Stars are limited to 4 players, pacific poker is limited to 6.

AND if you are worried about the nit-fest, just steal a bunch and you'll make money even without actually going post-flop.

I don't see where the problem is.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you say that it's ruined? You don't wanna play hands (generally) vs. regs anyways, right? I mean if you are looking to make money, you will (mostly) make your money from the recreational players, not the good players.

Besides, Stars are limited to 4 players, Pacific poker is limited to 6.

AND if you are worried about the nit-fest, just steal a bunch and you'll make money even without actually going post-flop.

You are absolutely correct.

The trouble with this forum is that so many people want:

- stuff for free
- exact answers to questions that have been answered a million times before and are all situation-dependent
- the poker tables to be exactly as they want them to be and not to have to adjust their play at all

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Besides, Stars are limited to 4 players, Pacific poker is limited to 6.

Stars is unlimited in pa, had 15 cash game tables running one time.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Often go looking for 6 max games and see that half seats are filled by regs playing 10+ tables. Sometimes 15 tables. Just turns into a massive nit fest all the time. I refuse to give these players any action. but does anyone else find this super annoying? Don’t even consider it poker at this point...idk super annoying thoughts?

this is why game selection is so important.

I never sit in the games that are all multitabling regs, find the games with good seats and play those.

Just because a table exists doesn't mean you have to sit at it ;)

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I never sit in the games that are all multitabling regs, find the games with good seats and play those.

Great call, no reason to sit down when I don’t want to play against certain players,lesson learned appreciate it.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Logged on after work, took $500 off regs in 10 minutes haha

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw the title and was just gonna say they will play nitty. Which in my opinion is the lowest variance way to print easy money in poker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course this is an issue. Reg infested micro games are a complete waste of time, unless you solely play to practice. You wont be able to beat the rake, and you wont have much fun either, if that is your goal. This is why, the cash games on Stars.com were slowly declining over a decade or more, before they finally did something effective about it by introducing the 4 table cap. Its weird, that Stars dont follow the same procedure in PA. Maybe find another poker site?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saw the title and was just gonna say they will play nitty. Which in my opinion is the lowest variance way to print easy money in poker.

No its not. You are never going to have anywhere near the same winrate against a nit as a whale. Nits are usually break-even ish players, while whales can lose their money at up to 100 BB / 100. Your winrate is a mirror picture of the other players at the table, less the rake. Therefore the only way to have a high winrate is to find and play against whales. Its really that simple :)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No its not. You are never going to have anywhere near the same winrate against a nit as a whale. Nits are usually break-even ish players, while whales can lose their money at up to 100 BB / 100. Your winrate is a mirror picture of the other players at the table, less the rake. Therefore the only way to have a high winrate is to find and play against whales. Its really that simple :)

Yes I know. That's why I said low variance :)

Stealing at a table full of nits is literally the lowest variance way to have a positive line. High fold equity = low variance. I never implied it maximizes winrate. It gives a very straight line = low variance = low stress :)

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nits can also tilt or get tired of being bullied and spaz. Not all nits are created equal. They can also be MUBSy and overfold to big pressure. I’m loving the multi tabling though. I’m up to 8 tables now on Stars PA. Originally it was capped at 4, not sure when they lifted it. But it may be because they don’t offer Zoom in PA yet so putting in volume with no Zoom and 4 max tables was probably a deal breaker for the grinders.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But it may be because they don’t offer Zoom in PA yet so putting in volume with no Zoom and 4 max tables was probably a deal breaker for the grinders.

That might be the explanation. When you try to exceed the limit on the international site, a pop-up message tells you, that "you might add Zoom tables". So moving grinders to Zoom was probably also part of the motivation. More hands per hour = more rake ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I know. That's why I said low variance :)

Stealing at a table full of nits is literally the lowest variance way to have a positive line. High fold equity = low variance. I never implied it maximizes winrate. It gives a very straight line = low variance = low stress :)

Then we complete agree. Playing against fish is more profitable, but it can be more tilting, when for instance they crack your pocket aces with some retarded crap like 52, that hit two pair on the river :)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then we complete agree. Playing against fish is more profitable, but it can be more tilting, when for instance they crack your pocket aces with some retarded crap like 52, that hit two pair on the river :)

Absolutely calling a whale's all in when he holds middle pair is the most profitable situation :D

Also getting called 2 streets by a station when you bet overpairs, high variance but very profitable.

We do totally agree :)

These players are so rare these days online though, I was lucky enough today to stumble into one on 888 poker today when they decided to shove bottom pair on the flop

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible? How do they even manage to play

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it possible? How do they even manage to play

They typically use a stationary PC with a 2 screen setup and tile all the tables. The rest is about learning to make most decisions fast and run a little bit on auto pilot. I have never played more than 6 tables, but I can see, how its possible, if you use the right equipment, and if you are in your 20´th or 30`th.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally used to play 10 tables but I have two large gaming monitors and I tile them so I can see all the screens at the same time.