marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.

I have posted a fair bit on ranges, i do apologize Lol

However would just like to know your thoughts on my info

Is 11-14% on UTG and 15-21% opening range on HJ considered a fairly tight range for 6 max micro cash, any help would be amazing, thanks in advance:eek:

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12%-14% utg and 16%-18% mp are very much within a Tag range to open with. Anything much below is encroaching on Nit anything much above is encroaching on Lag , something around 22%-24% CO and 42%- 44% Btn and 32% 34% SB are all within a Tag range to open with. But as a starting point i see no issue playing with say 10% utg, 15% mp, 20% CO, 40% Btn, 30% sb, and look for good steal spots from Btn and Sb to increase your steal % wherever possible so basically with Nit's in the blinds. And gradually add some more combos as you gain experience and confidence, a basic easy way to work it out is
Utg range then +5% for mp +5% for CO then double it for Btn and minus 25% for sb , give or take the odd %

Last edited:
M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12%-14% utg and 16%-18% mp are very much within a Tag range to open with. Anything much below is encroaching on Nit anything much above is encroaching on Lag , something around 22%-24% CO and 42%- 44% Btn and 32% 34% SB are all within a Tag range to open with. But as a starting point i see no issue playing with say 10% utg, 15% mp, 20% CO, 40% Btn, 30% sb, and look for good steal spots from Btn and Sb to increase your steal % wherever possible so basically with Nit's in the blinds. And gradually add some more combos as you gain experience and confidence, a basic easy way to work it out is
Utg range then +5% for mp +5% for CO then double it for Btn and minus 25% for sb , give or take the odd %

Ok thanks, they seem like fairly tight solid ranges to start with... I will get familiar with them first and possibly start making my way up! Watching your twitch stream I notice your SB range is pretty tight...

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok thanks, they seem like fairly tight solid ranges to start with... I will get familiar with them first and possibly start making my way up! Watching your twitch stream I notice your SB range is pretty tight...

Reasonably tight as a default i guess.

Last edited:
guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 15% of hands (VPIP) should be played in full-ring. That number is 20% in 6-max. By these numbers, you can see that 6-max is more action-oriented. It is also higher variance.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.

I have posted a fair bit on ranges, i do apologize Lol

However would just like to know your thoughts on my info

Is 11-14% on UTG and 15-21% opening range on HJ considered a fairly tight range for 6 max micro cash, any help would be amazing, thanks in advance:eek:

Extremely tight for 6 max in my opinion.