Hard choice on a full table pre-flop shove $3-$5 NLH

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero with 225 bbs on button with 77 vs LAG first in CO who shoves 400 bbs. Call or muck? Hero called.

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero with 225 bbs on button with 77 vs LAG first in CO who shoves 400 bbs. Call or muck? Hero called.

That's a Snap Fold....At best your coin-tossing and if not your beat by 88+. Plus you didn't even explain the situation all that well was there action before etc.

Also if this is a 3/5 live cash game that means you were in for 1,125$ and you called with 77?

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two points you missed. CO was first in and known to be LAG. Hero called and villain flipped over 9T off suit. Flop came 899 to put the donk on me!:eek:

S

Spewster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, Fold, Fold.

I know that people always keen on stacking the maniac, but you don't do it with coinflips.
If you have a skill advantage, you need to take him to the flop, play small/medium pots and let him do the mistake.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see a hard choice, just fold. You will have better than coin flips later against this villain, so be patient.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But holding Big Slick would be a snap call?

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see your point, but AK actually fairs better vs. the shove range than 77 does. Its a coin toss vs. all pairs QQ- and dominates AQ, AJ, AT. 77 is behind overpairs and is a coin toss vs. any 2 over cards.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a Snap Fold....At best your coin-tossing and if not your beat by 88+. Plus you didn't even explain the situation all that well was there action before etc.

Also if this is a 3/5 live cash game that means you were in for 1,125$ and you called with 77?

Snap fold. You've got the best seat in the house playing to the left of the wild laggy villian. Just wait to get your money in and you'll be playing a winning game. What a raise. And what a call?! Yall both some wild childs.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

No sweat. Played against bots on Poker Genius software.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% fold. Even if he is bluffing, as he was in this with T9, your still in poor shape.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a snap fold because at best you are flipping and likely you are crushed. 8deuce has 30% equity against you or 2 to 1.

R

Rivaud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have too much money to burn if you call here preflop with what is 99% of the time coin flip at best. Insta-fold...short stack, ~10ish BB, in a tournament is the only time I'm calling here