Hand review at the Micro's

S

SilverZander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've reviewed this hand myself a couple of times and I can see where I might have gone wrong here, but looking for the feedback you'll provide.

The key point for me is when an SB, who's passive, goes and 3Bets me on the Turn. That to me should have been alarm bells ringing but I felt I was offered decent odds around 4-to-1 to call it with my 2-pair, Queen High and decent King kicker. Plus I felt holding the Queen was a decent blocker so he'd "unlikely have a Q as well". This was my reason for calling the 3bet but in hindsight maybe my KQ wasn't the right cards to call.

Anyway, your feedback would be welcome.

$0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players

Hero (BTN): 98.5 BB
SB: 78.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00)
BB: 99 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67)

SB posts 0.5 BB, BB posts 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q K

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero (Btn) raises to 3.5 BB, SB calls 3 BB, BB calls 2.5 BB

Flop: (10.5 BB, 3 players) 7 7 Q
SB checks,
BB checks,
Hero (2-Pair) bets 6.5 BB,
SB calls 6.5 BB,
BB fold

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) 8
SB checks,
Hero bets 15 BB,
SB raises to 30 BB,
Hero calls 15 BB

River: (83.5 BB, 2 players) A
SB bets 18 BB,
Hero calls 18 BB

SB shows A Q (Two Pair, Aces and Queens)
(Pre 70%, Flop 82%, Turn 90%)
Hero mucks Q K (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens)
(Pre 30%, Flop 18%, Turn 10%)

SB wins 115.5 BB

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That turn is a really bad card to bet in my opinion. It completes the flush draw after you've been called preflop and you are beat by a 7 already anyway. He can have alot of 7s there. Once min raises the turn yea you have to call. And his bet on river is too small to even consider folding there. He played the hand way too passively. The only misstake you did there was betting that turn in my opinion.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've reviewed this hand myself a couple of times and I can see where I might have gone wrong here, but looking for the feedback you'll provide.

The key point for me is when an SB, who's passive, goes and 3Bets me on the Turn. That to me should have been alarm bells ringing but I felt I was offered decent odds around 4-to-1 to call it with my 2-pair, Queen High and decent King kicker. Plus I felt holding the Queen was a decent blocker so he'd "unlikely have a Q as well". This was my reason for calling the 3bet but in hindsight maybe my KQ wasn't the right cards to call.

Anyway, your feedback would be welcome.

$0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players

Hero (BTN): 98.5 BB
SB: 78.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00)
BB: 99 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67)

SB posts 0.5 BB, BB posts 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q K

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero (Btn) raises to 3.5 BB, SB calls 3 BB, BB calls 2.5 BB

Flop: (10.5 BB, 3 players) 7 7 Q
SB checks,
BB checks,
Hero (2-Pair) bets 6.5 BB,
SB calls 6.5 BB,
BB fold

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) 8
SB checks,
Hero bets 15 BB,
SB raises to 30 BB,
Hero calls 15 BB

River: (83.5 BB, 2 players) A
SB bets 18 BB,
Hero calls 18 BB

SB shows A Q (Two Pair, Aces and Queens)
(Pre 70%, Flop 82%, Turn 90%)
Hero mucks Q K (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens)
(Pre 30%, Flop 18%, Turn 10%)

SB wins 115.5 BB

How many hands are your HUD stats representing? and yes I would check the turn for multiple reasons... 1. draws did come into play 2. we get to see how villain reacts to our line 3. it keeps the pot smaller and more controlled. The rest of the hand played out normally villain got the value they were seeking from you and you can't fold so yea, I guess I also agree with Gohaku94 only real error I see is betting the turn.

S

SilverZander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess checking the turn would have been a better option. I think the fact he was passive I wanted to close it down on the Turn and reason for betting. But yep...it had flush draw potential so was always a risk.

Cheers

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess checking the turn would have been a better option. I think the fact he was passive I wanted to close it down on the Turn and reason for betting. But yep...it had flush draw potential so was always a risk.

I agree with others that check would've been the best choice on turn. I understand your way of thinking when you said that you wanted to close it down on turn against a passive player but that's also the exact reason why your alarm should be ringing at the latest when he reraises there. So even if you bet first on turn, I think you should've then folded to that reraise because in my book he is holding that AQ at least and that's enough to beat you. Players with VPIP of 16,67 are tight players and when they reraise, you better be having something really good if you want to win that pot. I know that hands like that might sometimes be hard to fold but learning to fold those in tough situations will save you a lot of money in the long run :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands