Hand in 10NL

4TWeen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Plating six handed 10NL

Hero: Hijack [ Ah, Qs ] (100 BB effective)
Villain: BB (0 hands, no stats) (100BB)

Hero raises [$0.30]
SB calls [$0.25]
Villain raises [$1.34]
Hero calls [$1.14]
SB folds

Flop[ Qh, Jc, 9h ] Pot ($3.18)
Villain bets [$2.38]
Hero goes allin [$9.81]
Villain calls [$6.18]
Turn [ 4c ]
River [ Ks ]

Villain shows [ Jd, Js ]
Villain wins

Any thoughts?

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today in the ZOOM I lost 3 banks with AA, but I won with JJ, KK, 10 10 against AA

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre. One hand I don't think we ever should be calling a 3b with is AQ.

One could argue 4b if we think we have fold equity. The problem with calling is we miss the flop so often, and fold.... and maybe we don't fold when we miss, we flop a gutter, or even air with back door straight and/or back door flush draws, and we float. Then we lose even more chips.

But we will miss the flop 2/3 of the time, so that's why we just cut our losses and fold pre.

Lets just say we flop A-Q-X, or A-A-X, how much are we getting paid from a hand like JJ there? Not too much probably. Point being we have to cold deck people sometimes with AQ to get them to shovel money into the pot. Like we flop K-J-10r. That isn't going to happen often.

So reverse implied odds are the reason we just fold pre. Like we make a hand, and it's still second best. And implied odds aren't very good against the hands we will be up against.

You are better off calling with 5-5 and setmining than a hand like AQ. Just fold in spots like these, and move on. If there is a dynamic where this guy is out of line, we could def consider 4b him..... but dude you better have a spot on read for that. Keep it simple and just fold pre.

Even on the flop, even though we have TPTK, we still lose to a bunch of stuff man. The point where we can avoid all this stuff is preflop.

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with the pre-flop re-raise, I am putting V on pocket pair, would probably call his raise but the board is pretty wet to risk an all-in. but then again, I am pretty cautious.
I understand the raise you did, but I think I would have raised less to see his response. he re-raises again, I fold. darned hard to fold tptk tho.

4TWeen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands