Good fold to 3bet percentage?

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the title says it all... Im currently at 93%, is that high or low, I am kinda thinking its high? I might have to mention its micro stakes, so the bluffs aren't very frequent.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's high enough that people should 3-bet you with ATC.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the title says it all... Im currently at 93%, is that high or low, I am kinda thinking its high? I might have to mention its micro stakes, so the bluffs aren't very frequent.

What is your VPIP & PFR? If you are folding that much, you must not have a lot of faith in the cards you are playing. Most of the time you get 3bet when someone has position on you. If you are folding 93% you are playing too much OOP. If you are getting 3bet from the blinds when you are on the button then you are probably opening too wide. The button is not a license to play any two cards. FYI; I open-fold hands like A7o, K9o, 64s on the button because that opens your range up to 3 bettors.

Play tighter so you don't have to fold so much.

By way of comparison; when I am UTG, UTG+1 I usually only play TT+, AQs+,AKo which is 3.76% of all possible hands. I would usually fold QQ JJ TT AK AQs to a 3bet and I would shove AA & KK. AA & KK represent 23.93% of my Opening range so I am folding 76.06% to a 3bet here.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea what this stat "should" be but over my FR sample mine is ~75%.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im 22-5-60 in micros, i do cbet alot though. My range is not so wide

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your fold to 3-bet % is heavily dependent on how wide you are opening. For instance, if you only raise AA, your fold to 3-bet % should be 0.

D

davidjames

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing 2nl? It depends on the stake your playing.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mine is about 76 percent at 6max. i think thats pretty standard?

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I am currently playing 2NL, and I actualy tried loosing my 3bet calls, and it resulted in alot of NET losses, I have stopped loosening on 3bet calls and I simply fold and my winrate is alot more consistant (2NL ~ 2K test hands, net profit -5$)

Without 3betcalls and more 3bet folds unless I have a read or good hand: (2NL ~ 2K test hands: net profit +12)

Of course alot of things are to take into account, but I can see myself losing alot less pots.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I am currently playing 2NL, and I actualy tried loosing my 3bet calls, and it resulted in alot of NET losses, I have stopped loosening on 3bet calls and I simply fold and my winrate is alot more consistant (2NL ~ 2K test hands, net profit -5$)

Without 3betcalls and more 3bet folds unless I have a read or good hand: (2NL ~ 2K test hands: net profit +12)

Of course alot of things are to take into account, but I can see myself losing alot less pots.

The goal is not to flat 3bets. It is to establish a tight enough image that villains 3bet you less. If you do flat 3bets, do so with the top of your range JJ+ AK but even that is marginal and villain dependent. If you have the goods or you think your opp is 3betting light then 4bet more.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players at 2nl seriously dont notice much if you're tight. They might notice that you're not loose agro but if you're only raising 8% instead of say 15% they wont notice for the most part. They notice that they have pretty cards in front of them but thats about it.

Also, I wouldn't flat hands like AK and JJ OOP. You're gonna have to check fold a lot of these hands on most flops. Rather use your read on the player to decide on whether to 4 bet or fold. Makes playing these hands way easier.

Some players at 2nl do 3 bet light but not for the right reasons. They are 3 betting hands like QJ and KJ for what they think is value and not bluffs. If they are 3 bet monkeys then you can shove a wider range of hands vs them if you're OOP.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players at 2nl seriously dont notice much if you're tight. They might notice that you're not loose agro but if you're only raising 8% instead of say 15% they wont notice for the most part. They notice that they have pretty cards in front of them but thats about it.

Also, I wouldn't flat hands like AK and JJ OOP. You're gonna have to check fold a lot of these hands on most flops. Rather use your read on the player to decide on whether to 4 bet or fold. Makes playing these hands way easier.

Some players at 2nl do 3 bet light but not for the right reasons. They are 3 betting hands like QJ and KJ for what they think is value and not bluffs. If they are 3 bet monkeys then you can shove a wider range of hands vs them if you're OOP.

Im 100% of this, I rarely flat my AK and JJ OOP unless I get a cbet called on the flop (I also cbet these only 50-60% of the time, as the rest I can put vilains on a wider range that hits the board. I find most of the time people are trying to "trap" a strategy I find prety useless on 2NL unless theres a draw available and you beat it.

Folding in Poker