Going to play poker "full time" for 4 months

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

I'm 18 and currently still in high school, but I've got a break for 4 months now, (I'm graduating next year).
I've been playing poker for the last couple of months, and I'm enjoying it more and more. I'm a slight winner at 25nl 6-max, and playing it since the 1st of march, I've lost a lot last month partly due to tilt, playing when tired, and obviously lack of skill.
Now I've studied quite a lot the last weeks, and feel like I'm finally beating these games, (playing with a bb/100 of 6, playing 4 tables, this month.) Now obviously it isn't really a big sample, but it's a start.

Anyways, I still live with my parents and I lack motivation to go find a job or something like that for the next couple of months.
So I'm going to grind and study poker until next schoolyear, my goal is to play around 40-50 hours each week, included studying.

Anyways, I made this post to ask for tips, I want to set a goal which I'll try to reach before next schoolyear, (in terms of profit and stake)
So what would be a reachable goal? (for example beating 50NL at a bb/100 of 5, playing 8 tables).
Also what training site would you recommend? deuces cracked/BFP/Cardrunners?

And if you got any other kind of tips/advice, please tell me =)
thanks!

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've lost a lot last month partly due to tilt, playing when tired, and obviously lack of skill.

It's nice to see this sort of comment, you have my support.

As for sites, deuces cracked is the obv one, however, loads of players rave about Leggo poker.

If you have Skype there's a few of us that do sweat sessions and talk shite.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am rooting for you man.

It seems like you have a good head on your shoulders, and are able to see your weaknesses.

Good luck to you over the next 4 months. Study all you can. Experience is the most important thing in my opinion. You will be able to gain alot of experience in the next few months.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
british or american?

I wouldnt set a goal, because then you're dissapointed. just set a goal of getting as good and as far as possible before the new year so poker can fund some of your life activities.

as YGM said there's a few of us on skype, get at one of us if you want in.. we're online a lot tbh.

oh yeah, gl

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to ask, because I see it so much on the forum.

What is "tbh"

Thanks in advance.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tits, boobs and hash browns

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys!
I think I'm going with Deuces cracked indeed, I've heard a lot positive things about it.

@9k
I'm dutch,
I've read about setting goals in How I've made my first million in poker by tri nguyen, but yea, I think I'll just play and try to get as I can.

And yeah, getting on skype sounds like a great idea, thanks.

And tbh means to be honest.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys!
I think I'm going with Deuces cracked indeed, I've heard a lot positive things about it.

@9k
I'm dutch,
I've read about setting goals in How I've made my first million in poker by tri nguyen, but yea, I think I'll just play and try to get as I can.

And yeah, getting on skype sounds like a great idea, thanks.

And tbh means to be honest.

I'll sort Skype tomorrow unless Haydns done it first.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nah you can have it Ricky, i'm not in any of the chats

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So some of you will skype to help other members out?

I would be interested in this one day perhaps...

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im interested in the skype thing as well , VERY interested. id love it if anyone can give me feedback on my game. and help me get better. 9k?

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well some of us do sweats, session reviews etc, the other group just talk shite all day and stop me doing my assignments.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my skype should be next to my user on here, add me (the little x under my post count)

that goes to anyone, i'm kinda harmless :D

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sweats????

Explain please...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set commitment goals (study hours, # hands) rather than profit goals.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ I dont get that joke, lol

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats understandable... because it wasnt one.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^ I dont get that joke, lol

It is slang here in the US. If someone is "sweatin'" you, they are looking over your shoulder, hounding you, bothering you perhaps.

So if I was sitting at a live table, and someone just kept standing behind me, hovering, they would be sweatin' me.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is slang here in the US. If someone is "sweatin'" you, they are looking over your shoulder, hounding you, bothering you perhaps.

So if I was sitting at a live table, and someone just kept standing behind me, hovering, they would be sweatin' me.

Always wondered where that term came from.

P

peza8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am very interested about skype sessions to if its possible.it would de very helpfoul for me and i really want to improve my game.i am a new comer in the site and i am searching for advises.i am playing at small stacks now 0.01-0.02!