game versus recreational

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, there is something that has really made me crazy for a long time and it is that I can not find a strategy that is profitable for me to play against recreational players, both IP and OOP can give me advice please or if they help with strategies it would be good

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on their tendencies. The important is to get past the point of "LOL he is fish" and figure out, what he is actually doing wrong, and how you can make profitable adjustments to take advantage of that.

And maybe even more importantly avoid overadjustments. Just because the opponent is a recreational player does not mean, you are supposed to win every hand or every session. He still have two cards, that can make a better hand than yours, and he still have a brain.

The most common type of recreational player is loose and passive, and against loose and passive players you want to widen your value range and avoid low equity bluffs. Maybe top pair bad kicker is good enough for 3 streets of value, if they call down any pair.

One-and-done C-betting can work great against those, who are very fit-or-fold on the flop. Others like to float a lot, and then you cut down on your C-betting. If you face resistance, often the best response is to just give up, if you dont have a hand.

As for facing aggression like raises or donk bets, its very situational. Some only get aggressive, when they have more or less the nuts, but others make weird plays like check-raising top pair no kicker for no reason.

You will also be facing a lot of odd bet sizes, and basically you just rely on fundamental theory. If they bet 10% of the pot, then call or raise, if your hand has any kind of value. If its a massive overbet, then fold, unless you have a really good hand. Hope this helps.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello people, there is something that has really made me crazy for a long time and it is that I can not find a strategy that is profitable for me to play against recreational players, both IP and OOP can give me advice please or if they help with strategies it would be good

Against weaker players generally the move is to just increase your bet sizes to get more value.

Be careful with bluffing against players who don't care about the money.

Play solid poker and you should do just fine.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would suggest 'ABC poker' strategy vs unknown recreational players.

With info you can see if a player calls to much, or plays too aggressive.
Vs those who call too much - size up your value bets.
Vs those who are too aggro - trap them by not re-raising or leading with strong hands as much.
Vs other types just play solid fundamentals.

Top 10 Games