Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

Yesterday I made a publication requesting advice to start moving the cash modality.
I started reading Nathan Williams' book, and as I did, I had a question: what to play? fullriing or 6 max?
I am a tight player (maybe too much) and it occurs to me that maybe I should play fullring, even though I was practicing something at a short table.

I will again appreciate your opinions and advice.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play tight I just wait for good hands i would say Full as the blinds come round awfully quick on 6 max.

Good luck whatever you choose.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like 6max due to going up the limits you find more action at 6max tables.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I specialize mainly in tournaments (these are, with rare exceptions, full tables) - but sometimes I perform certain missions in the cache. I noticed that 6 max tables are much more common - apparently due to the small amount of action, the full tables have almost disappeared! I don’t see much difference, but for beginners, full tables are still preferable!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like full ring. You can be more patient and pick your spots more.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a tight player, I guess full right is the better choice. more hands playing makes the pot bigger :)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer full ring MTT. They tend to have the largest payouts

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also a tight player and I think that the best are the full rings, although in the 6 max there is more action but we will see ourselves in situations where we have to expand the ranges more and this will cost us a little more.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
No doubt, I prefer 6max. But I'm active and loose player, sitting on fullring and waiting for premium hand is kinda boring for me. I prefer even smaller tables, and there was a time I played almost only head-ups :)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

Thank you very much for your comments, advice and opinions. I calculate that I am going to test in fullring first and see if I later venture to 6 max because, as some of you have said, I see fewer and fewer full long tables.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The advice is good, I have still lost all, my bank roll once again. Even on a 6 max table. I find playing cash tables, I just cant win. I play 2 tables at a time and still lose with pocket kings or pocket queens. I just dont learn to stop playing cash tables. I really can't play cash tables anymore, one day my luck will change even with tournaments, my hands just never hold, I really cant wait for days to come that I go on a winning streak, instead of losing. Good luck to all on cash tables and tournaments. I know one day my luck will change.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 max game, cash poker is the best table. If you are considering low limits, on a full table, you will meet a lot of players who play a lot of garbage hands without problems, who want to see the flop by paying a small bet. You say OK, maybe make a big raise? I thought about it, but I'm making a big bet. you won't get a response from the players at 70%.. I played a full table for a very long time, but realized that 3-4 players see the flop, get into a pair (4-7,2-5, k2), and a lot of other bad hands, and I can't do anything... the Bank is lost... I switched to the game 6 max and am very happy, this game is stronger more interesting and less dangerous for your Bank ;) good luck friend :)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

Yesterday I made a publication requesting advice to start moving the cash modality.
I started reading Nathan Williams' book, and as I did, I had a question: what to play? fullriing or 6 max?
I am a tight player (maybe too much) and it occurs to me that maybe I should play fullring, even though I was practicing something at a short table.

I will again appreciate your opinions and advice.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

If you play a tighter style you will probably prefer full ring more.

Shorthanded play requires you to play from the blinds and late positions more often which means playing looser ranges.

Especially if you are just starting out in Cash then full ring is a nice, slower paced game to get into the flow with. It's also similar to most tournaments which are full ring and as such would be a smoother transition for you.

Once you really get the hang of playing cash games you can switch to short handed, but it's a fair bit tougher and thus not the best place to start.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody how are you ?

Thank you very much for your opinions and advice. I will keep them in mind because I have the definitive intention of dedicating myself to poker professionally and I am working for it (even thinking about a coach).

Thank you for being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Last edited:
P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played 10,000 hands at 6 max - lost.
So will now play 10,000 at full ring and see if do not lose as much :)

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you like to see more flop and act more 6-max is a better choice
But the logic of the game is the same in both and good players will do good in both

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6max, it just feels less crowded.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like full tables in cash games in 6 people i have had some one with bib stacks bully the table.

HansWurst77

HansWurst77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the shorthanded ones much more than full ring. I think I have a better read on my opponents and the positions at the table are "a kind if more separeted' for me.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fullring lets me be alot more choosy and tight with my hands which I prefer.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with heads up, I wasn't serious about poker yet, I made a lot of mistakes, but then it was much easier to play other tables. ultimately, when you play aggressively, you often end up against one opponent. Вut I advise you to follow the path of smaller mistakes:)

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I more like 6-max, it is more faster and you can play more loose

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full ring is easier for me than 6-max. If you're tight, full ring is the way to go and you have 1 more seat paid and blinds don't eat you up that much.