Folding fush with A in your hand?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a paired board would be a slightly easy fold. At what card do you feel your flush is in jeopardy? Is it K not to worried?
Q high flush always fold to pressure?
Or is it J high flush that your willing to go down to?
Maybe even 10 high flush? Easy fold?
Lost two hands earlier flush over flush...did not lose max ammount but still feel I may have been able to get away from hand.

Thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The limit?
Depends on the player, on the action. Some people will go AI with any flush on paired board. Some people just call with K high flush. Vs normal bets. What is the board also? How many combos are not there? You must think about his range. And yes , the people play more Axs. Let's say 40 combos, a lot. But at least 40 weaker combos. You block some of them. Probably..The board also block some of them. He probably will only call with the weaker ones. On paired board there are also some stronger combos. As I said, depends on the player, on the bets, on the pot ods. If you don't have any info, then at least the country, the positions. Also a bluff is possible. Rare, but possible.
Sorry for my English...

There is no rule about this situations. Maybe in PLO. You will fold sometime even a full house vs some people. You will call AI sometime even with two pairs , with flush and straight possible.

Last edited:
M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in SRP vs full stack all in on turn, river.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A flush with only 3 suited cards on board is never an easy fold. Even with 23s flush that hand is winning more than it is losing. Yes you will lose flush over flush sometimes and it always sucks when that happens. But If you always fold here I think you are folding the best hand more often than not.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to add that I assume you are talking about nl holdem? I never call a flush in plo without the Ace. So my previous post was only referring to holdem.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! If I understand poker theory correctly, the probability of catching a flush is about 10 percent. I think that even a flash with a little kicker is a pretty powerful combination. However, I very often see several players catch a flash, and I am very surprised when I see this.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker