Chips
You ll never seen i do this play

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you fold AA preflop in cash game? What action before your turn will make you think that youre not in a good position to put your money in?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There simply can’t be a pre-flop situation where I fold an AA pair. The best starting card in holdem, even if everyone goes all-in, is still the most likely to win the pot.
More specifically, you can drop Aces in a single situation, if you are in a satellite tournament and have enough chips to get in from the satellite, it makes no sense to force the AA pair because I do it on a 100 starting satellite if the first 20 get tickets then it it doesn't matter if you get it as the chip leader or with the 20th most chips. This is the only situation where I would throw an AA pair.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might in PLO if I'm in early position at a loose table, which is pretty much the only time I get AA. I say that because against more than one player I lose 70-80% of hands w/ AA in that game.

In NLHE I would not fold them pre-flop.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I will throw out AA without pity in an important tournament if more than one player enters the all-in.

I

ilciuca

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER ! I have ben lose with AA but stil ...

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I fold AA when playing at the final table of the tournament and I had a short stack. Climbed 1 step higher ))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have folded AA preflop, because I either timed out or misclicked. I have also done it in poker satellite tournaments, when I already had enough chips to win a ticket for the target tournament. In that situation additional chips have no value, so there is no point in taking any risk at all.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA

Don't recall ever folding AA before the flop. If anything I would raise and see who calls and go from there. As they say if you are feeling froggy then leap but to hold AA pre flop --No reason to do so.

GL ALL !:D

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I can not imagine such situations. I would never fold my pocket aces.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never hehehe I have never folded AA preflop unless it is by accident not even on bubble or FT pay-jump I think if you fold Aces preflop simply you're playing bad poker if you lose then it wasn't you tourney cause the best is to get such a perfect hand on final levels and even better put it all in preflop for the best chance of doubling your stack and fight for the title is just awesome

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I can not imagine such situations. I would never fold my pocket aces.
Hahah me neither bro ..
I dont think i would fold AA omg
Its really hard to got one ... but fold With this Hand r eally depends What is happening in The table.

K

Kantin0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
those cards in first position I open the pot or throw all in. To prevent the Limpers from entering

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The only possible situation that I could even imagine folding A-A pre-flop is on the bubble and even then I would have to be looking at multiple all-ins in front of me. Then I might I consider folding A-A only because of how many times I've seen three or four way all-in situations in which you know the weakest hand is going to win after some ridiculous run out. That is really the only time I might consider folding aces pre-flop, and then only maybe.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never throw AA. preflop.
However, I wondered if there was a situation when I dropped it, and yes it is.
In a bubble, many players have less than 1 bb in chips, I have the smallest stack at the table (4bb or more).
So it is almost guaranteed that I will reach ITM in the next 1-2 hands.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have done so only in 1 case, if there were 1 person left before getting into the prizes.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in pre-flop is always the best bet if you want to minimize the risk of Losing the hand.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally will not fold in any situation with AA in my hand. I try to bet a lot before the flop to exclude a street from the opponent. But if you're already folding AA, you better stop playing poker. But that's my opinion;). And yes i know you often lose with AA, but i will never fold.

E

ev10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

In a cash game (which is the thread) it would never be appropriate to fold AA pre flop.

However in some rare tournament situations with very serious ICM implications it could become a fold.

An example of this would be in a satellite where top 100 get a ticket it could become very reasonable to fold AA to a pre flop jam near the bubble.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might in PLO if I'm in early position at a loose table, which is pretty much the only time I get AA. I say that because against more than one player I lose 70-80% of hands w/ AA in that game.

In NLHE I would not fold them pre-flop.

Aces in PLO are vastly different than in Hold'em, and to take it one step further, not all Aces in PLO are equal. AAKK double-suited is a MUCH better hand than AA72 rainbow.

So you would never fold them pre-flop if on the bubble of a satellite to a larger tournament where your seat is secure if you fold, but you risk busting on the bubble?????

I fold AA when playing at the final table of the tournament and I had a short stack. Climbed 1 step higher ))

It sounds like you might have been playing outside your bankroll perhaps??? If I'm at the final table of a tournament, I'm so close to winning the tournament, and I'm getting my chips in because I want to win more than cashing at the current place in the tournament.

Never hehehe I have never folded AA preflop unless it is by accident not even on bubble or FT pay-jump I think if you fold Aces preflop simply you're playing bad poker if you lose then it wasn't you tourney cause the best is to get such a perfect hand on final levels and even better put it all in preflop for the best chance of doubling your stack and fight for the title is just awesome

Agree with you EXCEPT for the situation above where I discussed bubble play on a satellite. If you are willing to risk your winning a seat to a larger tournament, THAT'S bad poker strategy.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whould you pocket AA pre-flop ?
If you do? In what situations would it be?
Good hands
At pokerstar, I'd think about it a lot. Many times I have lost to AA on that platform. There you have to see who enters and how many chips he has. The program tends to favor chip leaders and AA is no guarantee of anything. Be happy!:cool::cool:

Folding in Poker