Flush Draws

L

LiberacesLover

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the biggest issues I have is on flush draws. It’s one of those hands where you have nothing but also kind of have nothing. They are a lot of outs, especially with two over cards. I’m just wondering how you usually play them on the flop and forward. Do you play it passive with check calling if odds are right? Or do you play it pretty aggressive.

L

lineallegacy888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually consider my overall range freq' first, considering;
Position
Spr
Board texture
RANGE interaction
And then assign an appropriate freq' for our FD also considering what flush cards are otb. For instance BB v BU Kx FD's make good X/R or ip as BU our nutted AK/AQ FD's make good x backs. Often OESD's are bet at highest freq' then FD's & GS's but there are many exceptions..
Finally you can consider, when applicable, opponents tendencies for instance turning NFD on precarious board against an aggressive player we can modulate freq' to exploitatively check back more or against passive players overfolding, bet more.

The EV's of hand classes that mix are always similar as this is why at equilibrium they mix but modulating frequencies one way or the other will make the other action higher EV but a human opponent isn't reacting to these small idiosyncrasies anyway so the best players will play these draws very specifically given the situation.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think one of the biggest issues I have is on flush draws. It’s one of those hands where you have nothing but also kind of have nothing. They are a lot of outs, especially with two over cards. I’m just wondering how you usually play them on the flop and forward. Do you play it passive with check calling if odds are right? Or do you play it pretty aggressive.

It depends on a few factors, your opponents range, their style, your range, their tendencies, how strong the draw is etc. Rather than write a whole post I'll share a few videos that will probably help you out a lot with this.

If you need a bit more info feel free to check out my website, it's free!

S

sanman17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flush draw

I never have any luck playing for the Flush draw, I usually run...
S.

O

otiko99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never do all-in flush drow if you have stack for then maybe

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make sure you are getting the proper odds to call, if not are you getting the implied odds. Hard thing about flush draws is it can be hard to get paid when they hit as they are obvious made draws. You can raise post flop to make sure you are getting the odds you need as well to make sure it is profitable over the long haul.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I have a flush draw, then I try to watch the flop to the end without big bets, if someone raised too much, then I usually fold, since the chances of catching a flush are not so great and are similar to the lottery. I try not to play the lottery, I try to hone my professional skills :cool:

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in this situation, it is very important what bet you had on the preflop and what size of the pot against your stack. On the flop, you must correctly assess your pot odds relative to your opponent's bet if you are behind your opponent in the position. The biggest mistake is calling a very large bet from an opponent on the flop. If you call on a flop with a large bet, it is very difficult to throw out the turn with a flash draw. If the opponent is very aggressive, but you can see the turn, of course do it, but to pay to see the river very much or go all in, it is very stupid. Correctly make an easy fold and continue the game. Conclusion: correctly evaluate the opponent's bet on the flop and do not forget about your Bank in the further line of the table.

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst thing is when I know they are chasing the flush and I move all in on the flop, and ofc they get there on the river with some j 4 suited...

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suelo jugar estos proyectos de diferentes formas y aprovechando las probabilidades que me da la jugada, si es un proyecto que no es un as, elijo pasar y trato de no involucrar mucho dinero en el bote cuando son proyectos as y me dan un poco más, como una o dos cartas más por escalera. Por lo general, tengo la línea de subida de cheques allí también dependiendo de la instancia del torneo.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are generally looking at complete the flush roughly 33% of the time if you hit two suits on the flop. Having two over pairs is great, but just be aware of how opponents are betting and reacting as well as they might have a better flush draw.

J

julietinaday

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a tight player, and usually play good starting hands, like AJ suited or higher. If I had limped in with Ax suited, and the flop contains two cards of my suit and a face card, and especially if I am first to act, I would bet half of the pot. I would cbet on the turn whether or not I make my flush.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play draws both passively and aggressively. Depends on the situation. If I only have a flash draw and more than 2 opponents then I play it passively. Semi-bluffing is not worthwhile as not all players are likely to fold. A semi-bluff is only worthwhile if you have a certain amount of fold equity. The exception is I have a monster draw so at least 12 outs or more. You don't need fold equity anymore because you make a profit either way. I always play monster draws aggressively.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
A flush draw with over cards is great!
Yes, it will not always reach its outs, but the hand itself is not bad.
How to play?
It all depends on the positions, the number of opponents in the pot and their style of play. There are quite different situations.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is to play your hand so that your opponent does not know that you have a flush draw. Put a bigger bet, let it seem like a defensive bet with a top pair, so as not to provide favorable chances to draw, then if your flush closes, show weakness, give your opponent the opportunity to bluff you. The main thing is not to be obvious and not to risk the entire stack without sufficient fold equity.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your opponent is a tight player, then you need to place bets and increase the pot. If he is an aggressive player, then you should choose a check-call line. I usually count the outs and decide whether it is profitable to fight for the pot or not based on the opponent's bets.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the rules recommend playing the draw aggressively, and there are situations in which it does not pay off, that is, if it is a multi-pot, or you do not have a hit flush draw

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to get carried away with flush draws especially if im not holding the Ace , if i have the Ace and maybe some sort of straight draw with it, its a bit easier to go chasing it..

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on a lot of factors. How far have I got in the tournament ... how many chips do I have, placement, size of the pot, behavior of the opponent ... to be honest, I prefer to forego draws so as not to even begin to get into such a situation

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Flsuh draws as AAs means that you are half way of a win
Cheers

Rgds

S

speeditall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the player facing you whether he is aggressive or conservative in poker you can not play the same hand twice with the same way and that is since you are not playing the board.

Driquez

Driquez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just go with the flow and call if raises or re-raises are minumal.

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With flush draw I look for pairs on table wich possible could lead for full house... Otherwise I will play the hand and stake wherever is required

Full Flush Poker