anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all

I play 2NL at pokerstars...

How do you play a flush draw op flop in general? How do you play the flush draw in position vs out of position?

I know it depends on the player but just want to know how does position affect your decision to play a flush draw.

Do you play str8 draws differently from flush draws. Also, how do you play str8 draws in pos vs oop.

Thank you

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This should answer your question:
http://www.thepokerbank.com/guide/math/flush-straight/

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problem, lots of good info for beginners on that site

J

jony blaz99

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all

How do you play a flush draw op flop in general? How do you play the flush draw in position vs out of position?

I know it depends on the player but just want to know how does position affect your decision to play a flush draw.

Do you play str8 draws differently from flush draws. Also, how do you play str8 draws in pos vs oop.

Thank you
I try as much as possible to put chips into the pot, and if the flash is not collected then the 2 options either a bluff or fold my decision depends on who is playing against me.

Samuel Lee

Samuel Lee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play it passive.
Check and call a bet only if you have the pot odds(you can find about it anywhere on the internet).
If you know that your opponent is tight and he checks the flop and you have position you can make a bet to get him out of the hand.

B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post some have examples. It was always helps to give specifics as each situation is different

J

JessiPinkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at first it depends on who is playing against me. If a lot of players are in the game, and rates are put, it is unlikely you will win. Most likely, someone has a combination higher. but if your stack allows you to play, and if you won`t lose all your money, you must play

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at first it depends on who is playing against me. If a lot of players are in the game, and rates are put, it is unlikely you will win. Most likely, someone has a combination higher. but if your stack allows you to play, and if you won`t lose all your money, you must play

JessiPinkman, go on google and type "pot odds" in the search bar

jashiggs

jashiggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all

Thank you

I think, as others have suggested, more detail would be needed for more accurate answers. We want to be looking at who we are against when IP and OOP. the board texture will play a part. If a tight player has checked to you, a bet on the flop will usually give you an idea of what play may be advisable on the turn (If you are not check raised).

For example, at the same limits if i am IP against a TAG and the flop comes out very dry, i will usually cbet half - 2/3rd the pot to try and force this player out of the hand. If they were to call and we were to miss the turn for our flush / straight and then our opponent was then to check the turn, i would be inclined to bet half pot again / check behind for the free card on the river. Both have their advantages against certain player types and the check behind when missing the turn but hitting a miracle river card can induce bluffs and also gives you pot control for when the river is a brick.

At these limits though i would tend to always play fairly passive / keep the pot small until the hand was made unless i feel i have a good read on the opponent and can push them out of the pot.

I hope this helps :)

S

sttoil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try as much as possible to put chips into the pot, and if the flash is not collected then the 2 options either a bluff or fold my decision depends on who is playing against me.
This is good also depend what kind is your flush+gutshot+OESD+overcard,
and who is you oponent if is reg is able to fold may be more agressive, if is a fish may be just weit to hit and take some extra value becouse they dont fold.

M

mikeisanace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play AX suited like a small pp UTG.

Utg I will generally call on passive tables with ax suited. Since it's a passive table you an get in cheaply or just for one baby re raise by the Button holding 10-10. Generally speaking the board will pair often so beware of this,however to answer your question look for flops of A-XX best case scenario Youv'e flopped a very weak ace with your ace 4 suited and are on the flush draw It's possible you may be good so bet out 35% of the pot take it down or hit your flush. When on the nut flush draw utg with boards like 7-4-q holding no pair as a-9 suited then you must be aware of the pair. In no limit holdem you have a 52 card deck and people generally play strong hands leaving weak cards like that 4 in abundance it might pair.. Disastrous if Hero in position holds QQ and completes the boat as 74qk4. In position it's actually better to play an aq suited vs an a-7 suited because of it's take down informational value. Assume you flop the flush draw and top pair q as q-9-6... You can re raise and take it down your not trying to hit lighting instead your betting that top pair top kick hoping someone goes ape shiat with a 56 suited.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to play a hand because the position is important to always have to make a continuation bet and depends on who your opponent slow motion to remove chips is widely used but easy to find and is the option of simply being aggressive remember always the idea is to win chips never let your opponent see free cards

P

pyrotheassassin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the flush draw naked or combo?

On a naked flush draw (87s on K92 board), I would play it fast in position, but play pot odds OOP. With a combo draw (flush + OE straight = 15 outs), I would play fast on flop, as you are the favorite against top pair or top set, and try to get the money in. However, on the turn, I'd slow down to try to actualize equity with a slightly more passive approach.

But mostly, my decision would be guided by pot odds, i.e. not calling a pot sized bet to draw to flush on turn since flushes are obvious draws and you won't get paid off. Post some example hands and you will get a good feel for how people would play. A lot of the decisions are situational.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the tournament, stage of the tournament and most importantly on how my opposition plays. i guess draws are the best examples of how you can read your opponent when you take the lead and if you are not taking the lead you can always semi bluff with a check raise and therefore "test" your opponent.

my advice: don't take any route for granted like always play active or passive but rather observe your opponents throughout the tournament and play against them

T

theresets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Straight draws are very different from flush draws because of the fact that some times you have straight draws the board will also have a flush draw. This means that with the straight draw you might make your hand but the flush draw comes in. You have to keep the reverse implied odds in mind when making your decisions on the flop and turn because you only have 6 clean outs. As for in and out of position, when you are in position its usually better to play your draws more aggressively because people aren't check raising for a bluff at these stakes often enough. This gives you more ways to win the hand (fold or making your hand). Playing draws out of position based on your opponents tendencies you need to decide how to make the most +EV plays. For example, if your opponent is doing a lot of folding to check/raises try balancing your range by having a draw sometimes. If he is always floating check/raises play it more passively with a check/call.

P.S. Im not a great player so take this as a grain of salt

J

jeongwee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
see how deep the stack of opponent and make sure he will pay you when you hit.in position you can bet flop and then check turn for a free card.

S

sttoil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think we should make fast calculate exactly how much we should pay and how often we will hit.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm out of position with a straight draw I'm going to check and call and try to get by cheaply. Also OOP with a flush draw I might min raise. In position I'm check/calling or raising. Depends on my stacks and theirs.

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Utg I will generally call on passive tables with ax suited.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play passive out of possition more often than aggressive and aggressive more often in position.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, you should be folding draws on the turn out of position. In position, you should evaluate based on implied odds.