Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello, what do you think about the strategy to play only 2% of your bank in cash games and the strategy if you double to get up from the table?:)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you mean 2% of the bankroll? So we are talking about the starting stack for a cash game, for example, $ 2 out of $ 100 or $ 10 out of $ 500 in your pocket. There is no risk to your total amount in the account. I'm quietly enjoying the game. As for the strategy to get up or stay when the stack is doubled, I prefer to leave the table in a good mood.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bad at all. If there is a good trafic in your room and at your limit. The people start to play different , when have more than 100 blinds, 140-150 blinds. And your info is with less value. But sometime you should stay. If there are very weak players on the table. Depends on the players with big stacks. Are they weak or "normal"... Left or right from you...Are they aggro...With 50 buy ins is not such a big deal, if you lose 200bb. If the table is "unpleasant", then leave. But don't leave every time, when you double up. This is a mistake. If you have such a big roll. You know, you have some info for the people already, this is a profit actually. If you stay...

In most of the rooms there are rules against this, this "ratholing". You can't do this very often. For one day...Or 8-9 hours, I don't know exactly...

Last edited:
elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bankroll control are important, if you are a good player and know that some limit you can beat easy, you can use a more aggressive bankroll, like 50 buyins, 25buyins.

You can leave the table after double your stake, but this are not the better strategy, if you are in a good table you can earn much more, but in a hard table you can just get up for avoid to loose more.

In most of the rooms there are rules against this, this "ratholing". You can't do this very often. For one day...Or 8-9 hours, I don't know exactly...

In some rooms you may be penalized if you leave this way, or you may have to enter a higher value, at the next table, for example.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that for NL Holdem 6 max, the rule of thumb is that your bankroll should have 30 full buy ins for whatever limit you're playing.

That goes up if you're playing PL Omaha, as variance is much higher in that game.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think this is an interesting option that is worth trying in action. Although I only play in tournaments, my risk is usually no more than 5% of my bankroll per day. And to be honest, my bankroll is gradually growing virtually every week.
Good luck.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is good traffic you can do it and look for the weak tables but there will come a time that you will learn to stay and leave a table

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to stay at tables, where I have been winning. Maybe its a sign, the table is good, and if nothing else it matters psycologically to sit with a big stack. Often other players will tend to stay out of the way of the chip leader a little bit, because they mistakenly think, he is very good or always gets lucky.

I dont like to risk more than 5% of my bankroll on a single hand though. So if someone else is deep as well, and I have to much at risk against him, that is a legit reason to leave. Especially if he is a good player and on my left. I might also leave, if I am up, because I busted the only bad player at the table, and he then left.