Double/triple barrel bluffs

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I wanted to ask some advice about one of my big leaks in my game which is bluffing multiple barrels, especially from the blinds but also from other positions.(from other positions usually when I have 3-bet the pot.)

I know that when performed right it is an important part of 6-max which I've mainly been playing. But how frequently, which kinds of flops and from which position would you prefer to (BB or SB) do this kind of thing.

Also, because the ranges of blind are so huge, can this kind of barreling be done without anything hitted flop/blocked any hands.

Correct me if I am wrong in anything.

Thanks

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing

Bluffing is best the later you are in position. Best time to bluff is when you think you see weakness. Everyone limps in you throw a barrel. Everyone calls you throw another one. Everyone calls again you have to decide if you whee trapped. But you never know until you fire that third barrel. That takes allot of gumption making that third bluff because you really don't have nothing after the river. I don't just bluff after flop with out an opportunity to get something on the streets. Sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't. That's poker.Let's play poker:ciao:

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you make a bluff you need to "imagine" what hands your opponents have... Like you have T3o from SB, and Raised vs BB he call and flop comes 8 4 A, you should bluff this A one time... if he raises maybe he is bluffing your bluff, if he calls he may have an A... so it all depends on your oponents... I recomend you to see what good players do in this situation... but i think that in online poker 90% of pros are Nits and dont bluff too much...

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing in the blinds is especially bad because opponents are much less likely to believe you, especially BB vs SB. These types of plays aren't needed to win, and specifically, at the micro stakes I would advise almost never doing it. Even if it works now, it probably won't versus strong opponents and you'll be building bad habits.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is only good if you have story to tell... if you just barell 3 times dont do that :)

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your responses, I am working on it and trying to find profitable spots and bluff less than now.
Cheers guys[emoji106]

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I wanted to ask some advice about one of my big leaks in my game which is bluffing multiple barrels, especially from the blinds but also from other positions.(from other positions usually when I have 3-bet the pot.)

I know that when performed right it is an important part of 6-max which I've mainly been playing. But how frequently, which kinds of flops and from which position would you prefer to (BB or SB) do this kind of thing.

Also, because the ranges of blind are so huge, can this kind of barreling be done without anything hitted flop/blocked any hands.

Correct me if I am wrong in anything.

Thanks

The only advice I can offer you of this is:

1. First before a Bluff Know your opponents.
2. the position is very important the easier you are to take the initiative is better.
3. When you decide to go to the bulff I recommend that you recognize your opponent's hand and make the correct bets, it will not happen to you as me that I lost half of my stack in a tournament for making mistakes of beginners

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opponent must have F.E with medium hands. Bluff is the best part of the game, it's not for everyonegl

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with the previous posters , you should know against who are you playing and also important is the texture of the board. Also very important is to put your opponent into a rational range he can continue calling with(not a calling station one) , we should consider what hand we can make him fold and what are we beating if he call us.Try to make this bluffs with some blocking hands otherwise it will not make any sense just triple barreling with air.

Also how often does he fold flop cbet / turn cbet or he goes to the showdown?Keep notes and label whenever you see something out of line for future use.

M

miku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the previous posters , you should know against who are you playing and also important is the texture of the board. Also very important is to put your opponent into a rational range he can continue calling with(not a calling station one) , we should consider what hand we can make him fold and what are we beating if he call us.Try to make this bluffs with some blocking hands otherwise it will not make any sense just triple barreling with air.

Also how often does he fold flop cbet / turn cbet or he goes to the showdown?Keep notes and label whenever you see something out of line for future use.
Very good points, thanks you for your answer[emoji123]