re: Poker & Donkey Tilt
I think you have to adjust your game in a variety of ways if you feel you are being bad beat to death.
Pay strict attention to pot odds
. Phil Gordon likes to say that drawing hands in NLHE aren't of much value if your opponents are betting properly. That's true, but you aren't up against good opponents. As often as you will see someone call raises with 92s, they will donk bet with AA, thinking they hold the immortal nuts no matter what flops and what the action is against them.
1. Punish people who overvalue top pair or an overpair.
2. Draw to your straights and flushes when you get proper pot odds
. If you have MONSTER OUTS (15 or more) alternatively, you can bet and reraise on the flop.
3. Don't get too attached to your big pair or TPTK in a multiway pot.
4. Make damn sure you force people to pay to hit their draws. And be willing to let the hand when they hit their hand (probably the most difficult part. Again, I'd look to pot odds when making most of these calls).
5. Don't overdo it, but be willing to see the flop cheaply if you have position on a bunch of limpers. Five people in and passive players in the blinds, 76s is a terrific hand on the button.