Does my opponent have it?

N

nothing4236

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds at 400-800. Two middle position players limp, I (with 90,000) raise 3x in the cutoff with 7 of spades and J of clubs. Only takers are BB (with 49,000) and and one middle position player. Flop comes K and 9 of spades with 10 of diamonds. Both players check to me, and I lead out with half the pot. BB calls. The turn is the Q of spades, completing my upper straight but potentially completing someone else's flush. BB shoves 43000. In general, should I call or fold half of my 84,000 remaining?

UPDATE: This is not high stakes.

M

mad_chils139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

First of all why are you raising J7o .. second its a fold on this board texture villain can have bigger straights and flushes in his range..
mad_chils139

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all this is in the wrong thread. I am assuming your playing a tournament and I would agree with mad that raising with J7o is not the best idea. I think once the flop comes you need to check it down as you really don't have anything but a gut shot draw. The big blind could have called with any 2 cause your raise was small. If you were to play this hand this way the raise has to be much bigger as you are trying to avoid a multi way pot, however it is what it is so you need to fold. There will much better situations to get your stack involved and in this case at best your hoping for a split, at worst your down to 5 BB's and probably jamming all in the next hand. Fold next time or check and see what the next card is before pot committing yourself with a weak draw. Good luck on the felts!

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He maybe bluffing but you should fold ,and I don't think he have flush ! Have flush allin don't make sense ! 80 % is bluffing , 15% have a or 10 of spades , 5% have j

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 If you are playing this hand ,you have a flush draw on flop ,will not check raise? Fine check call not bad play ! When you turn flush ,you go allin on that bload ??

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 Now you have AJ , flop check call make sence, you turn str8 , 2 player behind you ,they can have flush, you go allin ?? Is it make sence ?
If can call your allin , minimum have 9 high str8 or flush can beat you ..

First of all why are you raising J7o .. second its a fold on this board texture villain can have bigger straights and flushes in his range..
mad_chils139

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds at 400-800. Two middle position players limp, I (with 90,000) raise 3x in the cutoff with 7 of spades and J of clubs. Only takers are BB (with 49,000) and and one middle position player. Flop comes K and 9 of spades with 10 of diamonds. Both players check to me, and I lead out with half the pot. BB calls. The turn is the Q of spades, completing my upper straight but potentially completing someone else's flush. BB shoves 43000. In general, should I call or fold half of my 84,000 remaining?

UPDATE: This is not high stakes.
Where do you play? I need a seat at the table.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi mate ithink maybe you are a active player that plike to play many hand then maybe bluff style is all what you need my advice is learn more about how to bluff correcly then master on it..!!! good luck my friend.. i hope you can understand my english.. wellcome in CC