re: Poker & Does anyone know the odds of 77 being the best hand at a 9 handed table?
From the FullTilt Academy, to find the % chance that remaining players have a higher pair than you...
Gordon Pair Principle.
-Count the cards higher than your pair.
-Count the number of players left to act
-Multiply these numbers and divide by two.
...so, before any action 77 has 7 higher cards, times eight left to act, divided by two equals ~28% chance there is a higher pair out, answer ~72%. Of course, high card hands that are flipping with you are common.