This is a discussion on Defeating 10nl 6max cash . within the online poker forums, in the Cash Games section; So I have soundly stomped 4nl ....I then thought I was "Good" lost some cash at 25+Nl and higher buy in cash and tourneys ....then
So I have soundly stomped 4nl ....I then thought I was "Good" lost some cash at 25+Nl and higher buy in cash and tourneys ....then collected myself and said well ...time too look inward and try and retool my game ...I clearly dont have the skillset needed too beat those games and I am dissillusioned. Soooooo
I walk into 10nl (Again) I have the bankroll not gonna blink at losing a buy in or two ....(Stop loss is at 4 BI btw) ...And having a clearer view of what im facing I walk into an absolute battleground ! I lost a lot of money in 2012-2013 ...4k ish ..not at 10 NL but taking absurd shots ....spent some time relearning the game ..Reentered the game last half of 2014 .. binged some tourneys ..went deep in a few 100+ tourneys never cashed though ..I did well live ...broke even in tourneys ...im up actually about 600 in cash games if you dont count my losses in limit ( seems too be what is running most the time at my casino)...Truly isnt my speciallty im at best break even there.
Forgive the wall of text ... At 10 nl Im facing players that are good at certain parts of poker ....Some excell at playing tight ..some c bet well ...some have learned too float. ....Lots of wannabe lags value betting 2 pair etc .... Most seem too have tracking software and are identifying player types on a basic level ...
2015 - My basic question is ....what type of person is playing these stakes (Im on carbon atm)
And Is this a skill ceiling for micro stakes ? I have seen many people from 2 years ago at 25nl right back here at 10 nl ...I dont wanna be that guy .
SO in the here and now ...how do I progress too defeat 10 nl . I tried taking shortcuts and failed .
A study group for this level would be cool ..but I mean real talk.....should I just go for it and gtfo of micros OR ....is this where I get the practice ,,iunno any help would be cool.
Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.
25th January 2015, 9:30 PM
well play like nite ^^ idk when u play well u cant back level down
26th January 2015, 10:19 PM
Online Poker at: Poker Stars
On BRM, many will say have 50-100 buyins at 10NL. If you drop down past X dollar amount go back to 4NL and rebuild.
The one thing I have seen at Carbon is there are lot of passive players at 10NL. Also, they are a different crowd, so you have to build up your intelligence on them. Meaning, playing hands or watching hands and letting your HM/PT database start to see patterns. Then use that info at game time to see if you are playing too tight or loose.
And don't take "absurd shots" any more. Take calculated shots. Try adding a 10NL table to a bunch of your 4NL? Or just do 2 10NL tables and just watch and take LOTS of notes!! That is my plan for moving up.
12th February 2015, 3:39 PM
Poker at: Carbon
Game: NL Holdem
re: Poker & Defeating 10nl 6max cash .
Thank you for the response I appreciate it . Definitely going too put in some more work ! And take it easy on the shots . My BRM can be horrible because I simply say too myself ...well I'll just reload they got lucky. I have about 250 $ In carbon right now and this is where I make a mistake I guess . Because that is roughly half too a quarter of what I really need . But mentally its wierd because It certainly seems like its plenty you know . But hey ...Advice is only good if you use it . Thanks again.
18th February 2015, 12:54 AM
Online Poker at: Bovada,
I also play at Carbon Poker and i just play a lot at the 10nl tables. I currently use a bankroll management of 40 buy ins for my BR strategy. I think that the players at carbon and are not the worse in the world. Here are some things that I think will help you
1. You need to get poker tracker or hm2. I personally use pt4 and i think it is the best to get.
2. Set up the HUD to track your hands and then start playing and seeing what you are doing and then analyze your session and how you are doing.
3. While you are playing try to look for players at whatever level that have high gaps between their VPIP and PFR. Lable them as green because they gtive you the money and will do it a lot.
4. This does not mean that you get involved in every hand with them, but if you can have position on them all the time then you will be in great shape against them because they are going to play hand that are mediocre and you can barrell at them a lot.
5. Take away your ego and understand that there are going to be times when they play back at you and when they do they are letting you know that they have good cards and you need to be cautious. Even if you fold, the times that you hit and they pay you off you will always end up ahead in the end.
6. Have fun and grind. your stack will swing up and then it will swing down, you will sometime go card dead, and then sometimes there will not be a flop that you do not hit.
Good luck man. RegHC23 is my name on carbon.
7. Also i think a good thing to do is to stream your session on twitch and have people comment on how you do and maybe that can help you better.