Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero 99 on btn
Opened for 6c
SB 3bet to 18c
I call

K88 flop. He checks. At this point I am really suspicious. I check.

Turn comes a 9. He checks again. Ok he probably doesn't check KK twice right? So I bet half pot. He calls.

Turn is a 3. He insta shoves.

Can I fold this? I have the 3rd nuts here but I just had a terrible feeling he does have KK. What other hand takes that line? About $1.80 to call.

No history with villain, only 5th hand at table.

I called cuz it's less than $2. If it's higher limit I would have folded.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think the amount of the buyin should affect your decision making process. If on the other hand you just wanted to pay to see his hand then I get it.
With no information on the player I would lean to folding just because not many players would make a wild bluff like that. When someone takes a very strange line like that it’s more often not a very strong hand.

S

supamanc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think villain could turn up with a slow played AK here. I cant see 8x 3betting pre flop. with 3 kings left, there are 3 kk combos left, with 4 A and 3 K there are 12AK combos left. so i would be calling.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think villain checking KK...definitely would have bet turn...you cannot play scared...full house over full house is highly unlikely...playing it safe and not betting turn you still need to call on river...

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
absolutely i call as fast as i can. i agree with supamanc looks like an AK that was the first thing that went thru my mind. BTW what hand did he have.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's always a call. If he will beat you then shit happens and make some note. Also it's nl2 and people are able to make some random bluffs, overplay their hands so snap call as fast as possible.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call, feel a bit sick, and cross my fingers.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players would do that with AK. I definitely would call in that spot

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree

I don’t think the amount of the buyin should affect your decision making process. If on the other hand you just wanted to pay to see his hand then I get it.
With no information on the player I would lean to folding just because not many players would make a wild bluff like that. When someone takes a very strange line like that it’s more often not a very strong hand.

In normal hands I agree buy in doesn't matter . When players take a strange line in small buy ins it is more often than not a strange hand .Villain is also playing from SB at this level there are a lot of hands that bet big here and only a couple of them beat you .

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero 99 on btn
Opened for 6c
SB 3bet to 18c
I call

K88 flop. He checks. At this point I am really suspicious. I check.

Turn comes a 9. He checks again. Ok he probably doesn't check KK twice right? So I bet half pot. He calls.

Turn is a 3. He insta shoves.

Can I fold this? I have the 3rd nuts here but I just had a terrible feeling he does have KK. What other hand takes that line? About $1.80 to call.

No history with villain, only 5th hand at table.

I called cuz it's less than $2. If it's higher limit I would have folded.

I don't think you can fold this spot, unless you're like 250BB deep. Obviously he played a monster so obvious it's hilarious. Sometimes we flop like quads or crazy full houses and just play stupid as hell. AK woulda bet the flop most likely. I mean, QQ/JJ could check here OOP, so he could of gotten a bright idea for a bluff line. These overbet shoves are always tricky, but tend to not be bluffs.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it was kk.

I really felt pretty strongly it was kk because I didn't see him doing that with AK. Since it was only $2 I called.

Was more annoyed at myself than anything after that.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without any info on the villain
I would tend to call
But I also would not be checking postflop as it shows my weakness and that Makes me want to call his all in as I think that shove it a reaction to you not calling and I am leaning toward a weak hand or a bluff in his part

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be a hard laydown to fold a full house in this case based off of your knowledge of your opponent. It feels like to me that he’s holding either AK or KQ and feels like he has the best hand / kicker.

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 handed and no info on villain, I'd definitely call. Hard to fold a full boat there.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never ever fold in this spot :eek:

He could have a ton of hand you can beat, not to mention the times
he tries to bluff you. Only 2 that beats you.

He could have alot of AA, AK, KQ, A8s, 98s, 33, even busted hands
like AQ, QQ, JJ, TT, you dont know what he would shove with :D

If your up against an unlikely cooler, just move on.
Use bankroll management to be able to auto call theese spots with no fear ;)

R

RunItOnce_James

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call. His line alone is letting you know that he isn't a strong player so he can definitely have some really bizarre hands here. Even if you knew for sure that he had a value hand, he might be playing a hand like 8x like this, AA, AK etc where he's jamming all in for value.

Bluffcatching is always a little uncomfortable, but in this spot when he can be going all in with worse hands for value, you should feel pretty good about stacking off with your hand.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me is call ..aa are 8 is possible in hand on sb are single k....kk chek 2 times not very possible for me is easy call

S

simmo5050

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You lose to 88 (x1) , & KK (x3) .
You beat anything else. However, shoving anything else for value is a mistake as nothing worse can call and win.

Your hand is a bluff catcher in this situation even though it's the third nuts.

Also KK fits the action . Some players would indeed minraise and slow play the flop .

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't fold that hand, 99 what you had was really strong hand, you wasn't playing high limits so no worries to call that hand

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good play. Easy call. But I would not tie your decision to the buy-in amount. Try to make the right decision no matter what's at stake. And take a note that can slowplay KK+ like this, but I would call the same bet the next hand against him. This exact scenario will be soo rare.

Folding in Poker