Checking or betting flop when OOP

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often should be checking flop when Im out of position if I was the preflop raiser? Is cbetting OOP even +EV? I usually cbet on flop when Im the preflop raiser and OOP. For instance I open from EP with AK and BTN calls and flop comes 28Q rainbow. Do we always cbet the flop when we miss? How often should we check balance?Need some insight on this.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Save you chips, unless you are up against just one opponent, followed by a 3x bet. Good luck

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against just one opponent I always cbet for sure, about40% pot bet just for control the pot and also fire a third bullet on turn around 35%when villain just calls the cbet. work most of the time.

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against just one opponent I always cbet for sure, about40% pot bet just for control the pot and also fire a third bullet on turn around 35%when villain just calls the cbet. work most of the time.
So if we're up against 2 or 3 opponents we shouldn't cbet ?

Last edited:
eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if we're up against 2 or 3 opponents we shouldn't cbet ?
no, against two opponents plus I just check most of the time, because I am out of position. if I have position and they check, yes I would cbet

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends purely on the opponent.
I ask myself how am I going to make money and how much risk is associated with each choice.
I also ask myself if my range could be aq
Then how to balancee the scenario for aq-ak-kk-AA
So you Cbet often and your opponent knows this... will he fold 99 if AQ-Ak bets out.
I believe making the same decision with a range of hands is better.
unless he hit the Q and checked to you he is going to be in a world of pain.
Say he doesn't fold and flat calls your AK with queen 5.
A or a K on the turn improves and leaves your opponent in a tough situation.
Do you double barrel?and does he think you're ever bluffing when you do?
These are questions that pertiain to you getting paid off and allows insight into your opponents hand.

GL out there

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends purely on the opponent.
I ask myself how am I going to make money and how much risk is associated with each choice.
I also ask myself if my range could be aq
Then how to balancee the scenario for aq-ak-kk-AA
So you Cbet often and your opponent knows this... will he fold 99 if AQ-Ak bets out.
I believe making the same decision with a range of hands is better.
unless he hit the Q and checked to you he is going to be in a world of pain.
Say he doesn't fold and flat calls your AK with queen 5.
A or a K on the turn improves and leaves your opponent in a tough situation.
Do you double barrel?and does he think you're ever bluffing when you do?
These are questions that pertiain to you getting paid off and allows insight into your opponents hand.

GL out there

Can this be applied to nl2 and nl5 tho? People at micros arent really thinking players.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Range is something I consider when looking to bet or check as the pfr. If the flop's good for my range then I'll usually elect to C-bet or check if it's not good.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that specific board you could bet with some AK hands, but not all.
Check calling is okay on that board, so is check folding.

I guess you can already see there is no right or wrong answer. It's opponent dependant here.
Against really aggressive opponents I don't see how we can get to the river unless we get lucky and hit an ace.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can this be applied to nl2 and nl5 tho? People at micros arent really thinking players.
That is reaaly on the range of your opponent versus the composition of the flop.
If you see a flop of 1098 with your raise range of say a10+ then continuing to cbet OOP is fine
If its someone defending their blinds and 567 hits you can check or raise or check raise AA-88 and check a10+.
Leaving a good mixture that can hide your weakness if you decide to check
Whether or not its+ev depends on your opponents range in this position

Its not about .01/.02 2/5 or even 10/20
I have won tournaments in 10 different stake levels and have the "Vlad The Impaler" achievement on sharkscope
Honestly thou 2/5 is easier than micro
Theres no rich business men that wants to bet pennies for fun.
I don't want a Fish
I want a WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars