Originally Posted by Seraphim
And if you gys dont mind I would like to know what type of hands I should be 3 betting from the button hands like AQ-AJ-KQ ect?
Depends on a many factors. A few are:
1. What position opened
2. Whats the openers player type
3. What will he do vs a 3b pre and post
1. vs early positions i would lean towards a very value range and a few bluffs as their open range is generally tight. Vs a late opener you can widen your value range a little and have some more bluffs as their open range will widen up.
2. Is it a nit? 67/3, 43/35? Based on the villain you will want to change your range.
3. A basic rule of thumb is if the villain will 4b or fold and rarely call then you should have a polarized range of hands you want to get all in with pre or just fold pre. That includes AA/KK and 67s, A5 etc for example
Vs a player who will call your 3b a lot preflop you want to 3b a wide value range of hands like AJs+, TT+ etc and have a little to no bluff range. Because they call so much you want to have hands that will still dominate them but widen your range.
Look at their fold to cb and fold to cb in 3b pot to help you decide to 3b. They might call but they have a high fold to cb so you can win it postflop