calling min 3bets

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys so recently I have gone a little too crazy with calling min 3bets

so ive made a chart for calling them which is mostly value heavy not sure if this is a good range

this is the range I went with
77+, A2s+, KQs, T9s, 98s, AQo+, KQo; Weights: AA:10%, KK:10%, QQ:10%, AKs:10%, AQs:50%, AKo:10% the 10% is obviously a 4b just wanted to show it in this example AQs I will 4b for value some of the time depending on player reads and what not

let me know your opinion im not sure about adding all pairs or even reducing some Ax suited

thanks look forward hearing from you

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you say "min" 3bet are you talking about Villian doubling your original bet, or simply raising by the amount of the big blind? The latter you can't fold a single hand, but with the former you need to give yourself about 20% equity off the top of my head to call.

Blinds + 3x open + 3bet of double the open = 22% equity I've just done the maths.

200nl = SB $1 + BB $2 + 3x Open $6 = $9 total.
3bet to $12 = $21 with $6 needed to call. odds = 3.5:1 which = 22% for break even call. Rake is another matter.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you say "min" 3bet are you talking about Villian doubling your original bet, or simply raising by the amount of the big blind? The latter you can't fold a single hand, but with the former you need to give yourself about 20% equity off the top of my head to call.

Blinds + 3x open + 3bet of double the open = 22% equity I've just done the maths.

200nl = SB $1 + BB $2 + 3x Open $6 = $9 total.
3bet to $12 = $21 with $6 needed to call. Odds = 3.5:1 which = 22% for break even call. Rake is another matter.

I kind of just want to make a simple strategy for overall min 3bets mostly (5-7bb ) i sort of know the odds just dont want to be dominated when villain is min 3betting only strong hands I think all Ax suited is a good way of expanding our range for the equity point of view thats why I added all Ax suited and not hands like KJs QJs KTo ( this of course assuming villain has no hands or reads yet )

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's totally villain dependant. I would just suggest you fold if you don't have say 25% equity against their 3bet range, and call if you do. If your post-flop play needs work, then perhaps it's wise just to fold more hands all together. Just play strong hands that can stand up to a 3bet.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this month im working on my redline so im trying to look into every factor that might be making a difference to it

maybe I might widen it a little bit but before I was calling with hands like K8s A9o 22-66 45s which i think is poor and obviously XFing when I miss I will review it again at the end of the month and add more hands if I need to but for now id rather over do it and be sure my redline is going up which is the main focus for now

thanks anyways

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think your approach of "working on your redline" is a good outlook on the game. Having a good redline isn't indicative of any level of skill in poker, you could Jam every river spot and your redline would be insane... And your blueline would be in the toilet causing you to lose tonnes of money.

You're supposed to make your decisions based on what will win you money over time. There's very little I'm folding to a min 3 bet if I'm in position. Position has an incredibly important effect on win rate. If you are trying to create a static range for what to call a 3bets with no consideration if your IP or OOP it's not going to provide you with a stable foundation for making these decisions.

There should be videos on youtube about how to construct 3bet defense ranges and how to alter them against various player types and tendencies. That would be a really good place to begin