Calling All in With Second Pair.

L

Leonidas9615

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tree handed game (It was gonna be the last hand we play cause the table just got broke).

I was in the button with QJ ♤♤ (40 bb)

-I raise 2.5 bb.
-Sb fold
-Villian re-raise to 7 bb un the Big blind (50 bb).
-I call.

FLOP
Q♡7♧3◇

-Villian check
-I dicide to check hidden my hand and impulsing him to make a bluff.

Turn
K♡

-Villian goes all in.

-I think for a few minutes and decided to call.
-Villian shows A♡K♧

River
3♧

I dicided to call cause all night the villian was making some bluff with trash.
I put him in all combos with A and two ♡ putting me all te preasure in the last hand.

Now I know I should fold.
What would you guys do in that situasion?

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tree handed game (It was gonna be the last hand we play cause the table just got broke).

I was in the button with QJ ♤♤ (40 bb)

-I raise 2.5 bb.
-Sb fold
-Villian re-raise to 7 bb un the Big blind (50 bb).
-I call.

FLOP
Q♡7♧3◇

-Villian check
-I dicide to check hidden my hand and impulsing him to make a bluff.

Turn
K♡

-Villian goes all in.

-I think for a few minutes and decided to call.
-Villian shows A♡K♧

River
3♧

I dicided to call cause all night the villian was making some bluff with trash.
I put him in all combos with A and two ♡ putting me all te preasure in the last hand.

Now I know I should fold.
What would you guys do in that situasion?

Thank U 4 posting

I would have played preflop and flop more aggressively vs a loose player I had a read on.

Preflop 3 handed Last hand of the night what is this V’s raising range?

There is an old saying in poker “I would have raised with 2 napkins”.
Is that not your V’s thinking? 23 J4 any two seems possible here. We have a hand that is great for a 4 bet in position vs that range.

Flop

Our V could have 22 why give them a free card? Kx Ax all hands V could have and gets a free chance to hit. We have a vulnerable pair with no draws why are we slow playing in a 15bb pot? In a 6 bb pot sure slow play even then we should be making loose players pay for their 3 card outs. They will pay so let them pay.

Turn boom K shiiiiiit

We now have a bluff catcher. Did you know that? What is V bluffing here for that sizing?
If the Q did not hit you why would V think the K did not?

The key here is this is the last hand of the night and V wanted to get max value that is why the all-in bet. If you fold who cares if you call wooohoooo.

Your turn problem is solved by your flop bet or your 4 bet fold to preflop shove.
Our first actions build the foundation for our later street much more expensive decisions.
If we min clik back preflop we lose 14bb because V is going to shove. How many bb did you lose?
As played preflop If we bet 10bb on the flop we can fold to a turn shove so we lose 17bb
Why can we fold, because we can narrow ranges on the shove. Our V knows we have something so naked bluff shoves are much less likely

You think this V is agg. Why if they had a hand we were way ahead of did they not bet flop?

Hope this helps
:)

Last edited:
L

Leonidas9615

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
IT helps me.
I did not think all those thinks.
Thank you.