Calling with AJ from the blinds

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Run into situation lately. Early/ Middle position raiser and you have AJOS in the blinds. Is this a simple fold or easy call? If AJSP easy call or fold?

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better to play such a hand through 3 bets, it is not very suitable for a stake against a player who opens from an early position, this will be a plus 3 bet by distortion!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And or either , certainly more of a defend from the bb vs mp than it is vs utg from the bb and i wouldn't flat it from the sb atleast with not any frequency. Poker snowie does some decent cold call ranges they are probably a little loose for my liking. But they will certainly give you an idea of cold calls from the blinds. Just click on start free web App.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjlk4nv-ZPiAhU2SRUIHRvLBgcQFjADegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pokersnowie.com%2Fpreflop-advisor.html&usg=AOvVaw1zC0htI-LhhJ3P_y15iHKW

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for comments , few minutes ago got AJ Hearts in BB did 3 bet late position. Flop was something like 10109turn was a 9. Bet again on turn. He went all in called it off with flush draw. Figured I was free rolling. Won with A high. $50 pot

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with general sentiment. 3 bet or fold depending on V position and frequencies. I'm 3 betting more with AJs and folding more with AJo.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So after turn you figured you had best hand? Cause with just a draw i wont call on turn with draw, i will after flop but not turn unless im sure i have best hand

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So after turn you figured you had best hand? Cause with just a draw i wont call on turn with draw, i will after flop but not turn unless im sure i have best hand

Would expect lots of players to jam with A high in this spot. Chopping with Ax. If a heart of j comes I win. Also would be a good bluff spot villain was bluffing with KJ

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a big stack you can call and see the flop or do 3-beting. If you playing against a really loose player or the table-bully AJ is good enough to push all-in from the blinds. If your opponent is "the rock" or you are near the bubble there is no need to risk to much.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We don't have to 3b or fold from the BB. It's perfectly fine to have a calling range out of the BB if we think the hand will be better than folding 100%(-100bb/100) of the time.

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 3bet because I will see where I am. Pocket pairs 22-99 fold. TT+ call or 4bet. AQ may be fold too.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 3bet because I will see where I am. Pocket pairs 22-99 fold. TT+ call or 4bet. AQ may be fold too.

Great post, AQ AJ sp. feel that I can call from blinds. Dude I lose so much from small blind it’s crazy. Will start folding more pocket pairs sounds like good idea. Been folding AQ too. On a 22A57, I’m losing to AK. AQ sucks haha any other tips for blind play in cash game??

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
AJ to me has always been hurting.

I lose a way lot to AJ.

But I always end up playing them.

I play them like I would AQ or AK.

Its my unlucky cards.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Run into situation lately. Early/ Middle position raiser and you have AJOS in the blinds. Is this a simple fold or easy call? If AJSP easy call or fold?
I have come across this a few times and have called everytime, only because it was early in the game and blinds were small. I have never made it passed the flop. I think in the same situation I may just start folding it.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you expect a lot of player to jam turn there with ace high? that's highly unlikely btw.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have come across this a few times and have called everytime, only because it was early in the game and blinds were small. I have never made it passed the flop. I think in the same situation I may just start folding it.
Ok, I just had AJ unsuited and played it because of low antes. I did not hit on the flop and I folded to a large bet. So they are still not working for me.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Every hand is a story, Calling with AJ from the blinds might be nice early in the Tournament when Blinds are not as high, later on, I will analyze player’s history and chips. :js4::ah4:

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ is a weak A, so i prefer whole board has been opened to evaluate my chances

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost a lot with AJ. It's really a dangerous hand.:(

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just reviewed about 3000 hands from small blind. Saw some green at starting at 99 AJ AQ lost a ton. I’m done in small blind. To tough seriously. Small blind new strategy. AA-99 AK AQSP ONLY. Fold everything else.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its either a fold or 3-bet from the small blind and either a call or 3-bet from big blind. in the big blind you have direct odds to call and if original raiser is a tight player its not smart to 3-bet.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much lost than win, play AJ mostly beaten higher kicker.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would usually fold this to the early position raise. It really depends on who is making the move. If you know the player is a chip pusher, or a fish, (and everyone else folded), then I might attack all-in and force them out.

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definately have to 3 bet never limp in in this position with AJ