Buy in amount

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 1-3 with a 100 min buy in and 300 max buy in. If you were playing this game what would be your buy in and why? Also if you play other stakes tell what you buy in for and why you buy in for that amount.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would buy in for 300 in this game. In a 1 small blind and 2 big blind I buy in for 200. I like to have a 100 times the big blind.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would buy in for 300 in this game. In a 1 small blind and 2 big blind I buy in for 200. I like to have a 100 times the big blind.

I didn't see why you do this? just preference?

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to buy in for the max so I have as much money as possible on the table when I’m playing.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to buy in for the max so I have as much money as possible on the table when I’m playing.

So I understand the draw of having as much money as possible on the table... you can stack someone and make max profit... you have a different image to some, maybe as a winning player.... your stack size has some affect on how players play their hand against you, but their are downsides as well. During coolers you lose an entire buy in rather than a smaller amount, Some players play a bit more loose passive with extra bb. This could make it easier to punt off chips or play speculative hands. I'm curious to know why you like having as much money on the table as possible.

R

Rivaud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
General rule of thumb is to buy in at max or close to max buy in. The reason for this is to give yourself the best chance to make money. If you bought in for $100(instead of the max) and have a hand where you end up doubling up you lose out on potential ROI.

R

Rivaud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I understand the draw of having as much money as possible on the table... you can stack someone and make max profit... you have a different image to some, maybe as a winning player.... your stack size has some affect on how players play their hand against you, but their are downsides as well. During coolers you lose an entire buy in rather than a smaller amount, Some players play a bit more loose passive with extra bb. This could make it easier to punt off chips or play speculative hands. I'm curious to know why you like having as much money on the table as possible.

I understand the cooler side but if you are a profitable/quality player the lost profit is going to outweigh the coolers in the long run. If you are a more casual player who doesn't profit often then buying in short may be a better idea

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
General rule of thumb is to buy in at max or close to max buy in. The reason for this is to give yourself the best chance to make money. If you bought in for $100(instead of the max) and have a hand where you end up doubling up you lose out on potential ROI.

Same thing can be said for if you have a cooler. If you buy in for 100 and get stacked only lose 100 vs. 300. I am not disagreeing with what you are saying just offering different perspectives for conversation

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be trying to buy in deep if possible. Thagt gives you the best edge strategy wise

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100-feel the table out after introspecting them. If major mistakes are happening then buy in for 300.

R

Rivaud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same thing can be said for if you have a cooler. If you buy in for 100 and get stacked only lose 100 vs. 300. I am not disagreeing with what you are saying just offering different perspectives for conversation

Like I mentioned in the text you quoted, if you are a profitable player the lost profit from buying in short will more then cover your coolers...