Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9s Ad
fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9.6 BB, fold, BTN calls 6.6 BB

Flop : (20.2 BB, 2 players) 4s 2d 6s
Hero bets 6.8 BB, BTN calls 6.8 BB

Turn : (33.8 BB, 2 players) 5d
Hero bets 24 BB, BTN calls 24 BB

River : (81.8 BB, 2 players) 8h
Hero bets 61 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 61 BB

The only thing I dont like about this hand is betting turn so big were planning on barreling on any river thats not a diamond or spade so we need to go about 50% pot maybe 60% gives us a
cheaper river bluff if we decide to go for it A9o isn't always a 3b i usually like ATo sometimes and better (my strategy is pretty much 3b or fold from sb) player looked a bit nitty pre at the time of the hand only 24 hands but (8/8 0 %3b 0/9 )

here's the range I get to fold
99-TT< (50% weight), AQs-ATs, KQs, AQo-AJo, KQo; im counting in hands that we beat because we lose ev if we have to XF to worst hands he can have some Ax suited probably all combos too

I think this is a standard spot we fold out so many hands and If was a nit I would even be thinking about 99/TT versus a triple barrel in a 3b pot here

we bet 3/4 pot not sure how much we need to fold on this sizing but I know 66% is 40% of his combos and PSB is 50%
lets just say we go 50% if folds at all of his overcards which means even if he calls with ANY pair we profitable if he's doing this with all of his combos if we include Ax spade hands we fold out more hands that are marginal than made a straight on the river

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never reraised A9o on SB , you could just call 3 BB bet and see the flop,
bluffing in Micro Stakes is not a good idea in many situations, cause people love to call and it is likely for them to get a free card and beat you

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never reraised A9o on SB , you could just call 3 BB bet and see the flop,
Bluffing in Micro Stakes is not a good idea in many situations, cause people love to call and it is likely for them to get a free card and beat you

I did say A9o is a little loose

I don’t agree you can’t be calling many hands from the sb definitely sb v but if your not bluffing here your XF or XC way too many times on flop my sb win rate has sky rocketed since I adopted a 3b or fold strategy and for many players it’s a 3b or fold posistion (only flatting it there’s a passive player who doesn’t 3 enough from the bb )your going to be oop 3 way against all stronger hands from the button and going to be in bad shape when the bb some kind of hidden set or straight on the turn with 22-66 almost all suited connectors 45s and higher
As far as bluffing goes would you ever call a 3b but v sb with ATo/s + KQo/s and pp 88-JJ then call all three barrels ATo/s + KQo/s and 99 here if there answers no I know I’m profitable

Last edited: