Blind Stealing a Polerized Range

T

theimd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been reading about how preflop blind stealing sizes have changed over the years from around 4BB to nearly a min raise now. I am wondering what would happen if we blind steal with a highly polarized range (top 15% and bottom 15%) or something close, would bigger or smaller bet sizing be optimal?

I am assuming bigger because it will be easier to scare opponents off the flop if they know half our range is very strong.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You go smaller then when people play back at you you can then 4bet light etc or keep spr low enough to give room to move post flop

Work out your image and then thatll allow you to open up wider or be more on the tighter side.

if they fold nonstop cuz ur a nit... then open up.. if they never fold then its the top of ur range.

when working on this you need to think your range but also opponents range before messing around with this and build from there.

George Lewis

George Lewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stealing the blinds is often thought of as only whether or not you can take it down preflop. By keeping it small and inviting action you can steal it on the flop or after while in position. Make the guys in the blinds life hell. Now if they fire back as hard as you are hitting them you might need to adjust but until they freak out and make it a "Big Dick" contest(shoving makes position moot) you will always have the advantage of position and can consistently put them under pressure while having the advantage. Make it clear to the players in the blinds that if it is folded to you in late position their blinds belong to you unless they want to get into a blood bath.