My biggest leaks and how to fix them
Over the last 20,000 hands or so of 4 NL I have been doing very well and I feel that I am ready to take another shot to 10NL. The last one sucked- I was beating it by a mere 3BB/100 over about 10,000 hands and was demoralized by a patch of major suckouts, hence the 3BB figure. That being so, I decided to move back down to 4 NL and get my bankroll to a point where I could easily take 10 bad beats in a row at 10 NL and still be well rolled. When the money becomes less significant, I find it easier to make the right decisons.
Another reason I moved down was to find and plug the major leaks in my game. Here is what I found:
(1) Stacking off on TPTK while meeting significant resistance throughout the hand.
(2) Calling with the likes of KJo and A10o out of position and being punished for it- again, an inability to give people credit for a better hand.
(3) Pot control- I need to not overrbet and build massive pots with marginal hands.
(4) Failing to protect big hands- too much slowplaying and bad bet sizing that will give draws the odds
to call. Question- If i hit a set and there is a flushdraw on the board, how big should I be betting against a player that I know is drawing?
(5) Situation 4 except the draw hit on the turn and I either bet it or call a big bet when I am likely behind.
(6) Playing too many hands out of position- how tight should one be at 4 and 10 NL when way out of position?
Those are some of the main leaks I have spotted and I am actively trying to fix them. They have improved a lot and my win rate at is now above 10BB/100 over the last 20k hands.
May I ask:
- have any readers had the same sort of leaks? Any tips on hpw to deal with the above?
- Are there any other common leaks that may have but could have overlooked?
- What kind of adjustments should I be looking to make at 10 NL?