Biggest downswing

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

So I'm kinda stuck in a situation and not sure what I can do. I played nice and steady for 6 months and build my roll to xxx from like. 50cents. I usually loss 2 buyins and thats it next day. But u till 11/2019 and 12/2019 what a worst months I lost 85% off my roll. Like every flip I missed every draw I missed. Its like I have A10s against 72o and 2 hit the board. Feels like I dnt even know how to play this game. Getting kk running into AA, flopped AAA ran into river flush like tones of this crap. I'm taking a break atm. I made mistakes I know but can't be this bad I survived 6 months playing and building. I'm sorry I know this is just a cry post but anyone else in same shoes? How do I build my roll fast again? Any advice? :confused:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You can't build it fast. Take two weeks off and come back to try again. Or try playing on a different site.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you did it once, you can do it again and again, but whenever you take a downswing before you lost it all take a break empty out your mind reset it and go back to grind again when you feel that refresh because when you lose some of your bankroll you try to get it back as soon as possible and it's the wrong way to do it, patience is the key.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play on the river, so you will save a lot of money. After all, a top Set on the flop does not mean a victory on the Board!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think every player has such stories. Try to take a break, and then again, step by step, gradually build your bankroll.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Downswing exists for everyone, try not to go into tilt mode as this phase will pass. See you!

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

So I'm kinda stuck in a situation and not sure what I can do. I played nice and steady for 6 months and build my roll to xxx from like. 50cents. I usually loss 2 buyins and thats it next day. But u till 11/2019 and 12/2019 what a worst months I lost 85% off my roll. Like every flip I missed every draw I missed. Its like I have A10s against 72o and 2 hit the board. Feels like I dnt even know how to play this game. Getting kk running into AA, flopped AAA ran into river flush like tones of this crap. I'm taking a break atm. I made mistakes I know but can't be this bad I survived 6 months playing and building. I'm sorry I know this is just a cry post but anyone else in same shoes? How do I build my roll fast again? Any advice? :confused:

what samplesize and limit are we talking about?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You dont say, how many buyins you lost? A 20 buyin downswing is completely normal in cash game poker, and nobody and play for an extended period of time without experiencing it. This is why, it is recommended to have a bankroll of 30 buyins or preferably even more.

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone for advise, i found the problem and fixing it now or working on it. Now it was me not the poker gods. Yes I lost that day but it was my poor mental game.
1. I was stressed.
2. Drunk little alcohol.
3. I actually only lost 4 BI at $5 sitgoes but went on tilt and started playing 10 or 20 HU and 6 max 20 stgs. (I lost all mostly to bad beats and playing loss on tilt).
4. I was annoyed that I was sitting on same score from few days as I win some the day but loss next day.

Good side
I learned how important BR is. I poker you have bad days so loss minimum is must learned it but hard way I guess.
Also that big loss gave me a idea of doing BR 365 day challenge.
So far I'm into day 4 and all going as planned. All I have to do is play 1 game a day for 365 but with my A game. If I can win 1 game a day even if I have to play 5 games to win 1 (3 wins 2loss) profits 1 game I'm well on my path.

Sharing this so anyone who's new like me BR is a must and first and most important part of the game. BR BR BR so now I started with my $70 left into my account and managed to step up to 85 in last 3 days I know its not alot but it will add up in 365days.

R

rhv85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take a break, evaluate what went wrong. learn from past mistakes, and move forward like a champ

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Relax, take a deep breath, a new game..

Best thing about a downswing, it turns eventually. Burning through your BR, and thinking of quickly rebuilding, slow down, analyze it first. Ever heard of, "chasing your losses"? Where you lose, and are determined to make it up, whatever it takes?

In your case, try to look long-term; building my bankroll, no matter how long it takes. A lot easier to make a lot of small gains, over time, than for lighting to strike, one or two huge wins.

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In last 2 days I played about 30 sitngos $5 double or nothing and I'm breakeven 15 wins 15 lost. But this time it didn't piss me off. I just have to win 2 games today lol

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to play some small tournaments with not so many players at the table or sit n go's with small buy-ins. The players there are not pro and you can start feel you more self confidence. It should help to get into a track

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash games are a joke, for me it seems like I am playing bots on these sites, they hit sets every 2 hands while I have to wait 4 years just to get a set which is actually no good its set-over-set, but when you have them set over set your like yes jesus finally I can win a pot, nope some runner runner flush will do them nicely.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
31 years.....

No but seriously, When your in the middle of a downswing the best thing to do is become retrospective its like when your dealing with depression, you need to look inwards and make sure everything is still as it was when you were feeling fine, spot any changes if there are any and then work on it.

Life and poker are not sprints they are marathons sometimes your running on sand and sometimes its glass, the best thing you can do is make sure you have good footwear.

D

Dentada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take some days to rest and study and when you return, play a game with a buy-in that adapts to your bankroll and allows some flexibility. I recommend $1 dollar bounty SNG, if you play tight you should be profitable.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I avoid that (downswing) playing the smallest rakes (lately only freerolls and 0$ satellites).

Bankroll is primordial. My goal is to freeroll into at least 120 BY for the stake I want to play regularly. From there, I will be able to assess my skills, see if I am more of a loser in that stake and make adjustments. If necessary, go back to the freerolls figure it out and try again.

Last edited:
Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently on a 16 buy in downswing and feel pretty bad about it.
Feels like it's impossible to win, most of the times I'm leading in equity but get turn/rivered so bad...
I took a break and might come back soon as I'm feeling hopeful again xD

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First problem you have "how to build it fast" you can't dont have that mind set or you will lose everything!

Play a stake lower each time you lose a amount of buy-ins when you win go up little by little don't rush it poker takes time and getting hands/goodspots takes time.

Option 2 is to take a break few days to a week and you will be good
just be careful and don't make it an obsession to win everything back

GL in grinding it back up