Best way to play medium unsuited connectors?

L

luckytokenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
T9o OR JTo. I know you would just throw smaller ones away most of the time if not all, but with medium unsuited connectors, do these hands have value? I'm sure you wouldn't be calling cold but what are some good situations where you might get value out of these hands? Thanks!

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position (later the better obviously), table texture (loose passive the best and aggro the worst), who's acting after you and what their tendencies are, and then how many people are already in the pot. 4 limpers on and your on the button and then blinds aren't really aggressive=EASY limp/call.

You need enough people in the pot to get decent odds with these cards because the typcial goal is to draw to a straight. As a pair (even 2 pair many times) they won't hold up. Calling cold and in early position, chuck em imo.

P

perry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play unsuited connected cards out of the blinds with no raises from the right. I've tried afew times from the late positions only to have the blinds have better cards. Can't get too excited about them and I do seem to get more than my share lately.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Throw them away early, you can cold call in late position. In the blinds, if there hasn't been one or two limpers and not much else action, I might try to get them out with a raise, just depends on their tendencies(like Volley said). If there has been any real action in front of you, then I would throw them away right away unless I was getting like 5:1 odds.

Also, I would be much more inclined to play the hand if I was a table chip leader, or at least had a nice sized stack, as I become much more aggressive when I don't have to worry about being sent to the rail if I make one mistake, like playing unsuited connectors in this case ;).

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate playing medium unsuited connectors except if its from the button, small blind, or big blind.

If you do a standard button raise you can disguise this hand to be a bigger one, and if you hit the flop right you can win a lot of money.

I would never play this out of position though because this isnt a suited connector, 2 high cards, or a pair and you would lose money playing these types of hands in the long run if you do it out of position.