The best poker style ?

The Silencer

The Silencer

The Nearly Man
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that in poker everyone got a style but what is the style to win #1 ?Well i have been playing a lot and the truth is that no one knows what style is that but everyone knows that if you wanna win first you gotta change your play style in the tournys u cant reamin as one because you will be then readed just like a book so you better understand this.Hope u learn something from this post because i like to play good players there's nothing better than a good player to play against . ATT. The silencer

T

thegamer1972

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the best style may be

the best style maybe the opisite of your oponet i bilive i change up my style alot of the time.

T

toead

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no style

yeah i have to say the best style is really no style

E

EL_JAVIT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best poker style is that make you win chips. There's no perfect style, there are styles for some people, and styles for other.
O no ricardo?

Z

Zubris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like playing tight ... fold most of the time.. but if i play i make my opponents to pay a lot to play me.. i think its most safe style..

H

hess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are four styles: loose-aggressive, loose-passive, tight-passive, and
tight-aggressive. Tight-aggressive is the best style, as long as you are not too tight or too aggressive. However, you need to adjust your strategy based on how the players at your table play.

sorcerer_

sorcerer_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't the best style having no style? .... I mean ... If you categorise yourself it's not bad, but if your opponent can see through you and see what type of player you are, then you are dead meat
so, I think the best way to play is to be ever changing, and make your opponent underestimate your power ("The Art of War")
but well ... what do I know? ... I'm just a beginner ( :trytofly: )

E

ElleFeyRa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in aggression, and will only slow play the nuts. Super tight at the start of a tourney works, as long as you remember to change it up and play the middle cards and suited connectors. I don't slow play high pairs as they get beat 50% of the time if you let too many opps in the hand.

D

darkhorse30

Freeroll #3 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best way i have found it to sit an see how the other players play and adapt according to how they play (works best in sit and gos)

I

iveyfan30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the situation.in tourneys im loose aggressive in cash games im tight aggressive...

T

ThECreWKiLLa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every style is a good style u can be like doyle brunson who is an extremely aggressive player and win back 2 back world series or play like dan harrington who is so tight its incredible and make back 2 back final tables with the most amount of people ever recorded in history in the wsop, u gotta find ur style and try to master it.

M

moneymadsen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people, in my own opinion, misunderstand what it means to play tight. Tight doesn't, necessarly, mean playing premium hands only - it means simply being selective on the hands you play and when. Position and who's in the pot should generally effect what hands you'll play (as well as blinds/stacks).

But of all styles, aggression is what wins most of the money. This, also, doesn't mean always betting. It means betting when you smell weakness and/or have a hand. Though, if you bet whenever you get a hand and check whenever you've missed, you'll be easy to read. On occassion you'll have to slow play as well as bluff. If you seldom bluff, you should probably show it - just to keep them guessing. On the other side of the coin, if you're better at playing people, you'll want to show your good hands. Basically create an image opposite of how you normally play.

But whichever style you like best, you'll need to change how you're playing based on how the table is playing. I've heard professionals recommend playing the opposite as the rest of the table - if they're playing tight then play loose and vice versa. This is especially true in no limit. The question should be, "how am I going to play this person", as apposed to, "how am I going to play the cards I'm getting cards".

-money

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best style is play poker, no tells and lots of pots,

But you must keep to your game plan, everyone has one I think well I do, and if you stick to it it shoulld work, unless you go on tilt.

L

lakeside670

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Style

I dont think in style, I play each hand according to what I have & whats on the table. If you get into a style I think you will limit your playing ability.:)

L

lilmayo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to change it up and shift gears is the best style, play unpredictable so that ur opponents cannot read you

S

SeiferFF8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally if the table is loose, play tight. If the table is tight play more aggressive. At least that's what good old Doyle says.

T

TITANS488

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe that tghe best poker style is when u play when u get good cards and u do not bluff intl u are in the final 3

U

ukauka11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing aggressive

When you are against players who are tight and seem to fold everytime you put a big bet up against them, I think you should play with an aggressive style. Vice Versa. When you are playing against an aggressive player you should sit back until you get cards that you know you can win with and try to trap him.

H

hottnybz69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
simple quote: "if tight table, play loose, if loose table, play tight" this is a pretty obvious phrase, but how many of you actually go by it?

cjmik

cjmik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing styles

:tongue:
when you break it down to bear bones there's two "styles" of play aggressive or conservative it's the ability to disguise that separates the weak from the strong don't be readable have heart to raise with crap and balls to come over the top of the chip leader with or without a hand I believe if you don't have a "poker sixthsense" then I want you at my table every time...hahahahahahahhaha:vroam:

I

ironman056

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your style depends upon the type of game your playing, I find ill play tighter in holdem games but loser in omaha, stud and draw games becasue your options vary so much from game to game. And then within that I judge on how people are playing and change my style from that

H

hawkeye2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best style is no style--no predictability. You've got to switch up your play and you should do it often--or, rather, play consistently inconsistent :rolleyes: Again, the more unpredictable you are, the more you take an aspect of the game away from the other players at the table--they can't read you, or they can't read you well. Of course, there is something to be said for using predictability to your advantage: Play loose, then tight to trap, or vice versa...good luck everyone.

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no "best" style. Only a timely mixture of styles can be considered the best way to play. Like it was previously stated, a good player will catch on if you are too consistant.

bpazjr13

bpazjr13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best style is being lucky it appears

you can play a hand tight, loose, or even perfect but you will still lose to luck half the time

P

philly0707

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how the other players play. If someone is being over aggressive you can't sit by and let him take all the chips, you have to step it up a bit or catch him bluffing once or twice.

When is an all-in preflop warranted other than extremely short stacked?

Last edited: