Best approach to super agro players at the $5-10 NLHE

C

Cstarker27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been playing for a few hrs at this point and am down just a few hundred dollars when this player sits down at the table and I immediately just know that he is going to be aggressive. I’ve never played with him before, but I just know. He’s a younger guys probably mid 20’s. So he sits down with the max ($2k) and played two hands (both of which he raised) and won uncontested. He is now on the button and straddles to $20. I’m in the BB, and I just call with AK off, knowing that he is going to raise when it gets around to him regardless of what two cards he has. There are 3 other callers which now puts the pot to $100 and he raises to $80(as expected). I re-raise to $320, knowing that there is a good chance he doesn’t have much. Without much hesitation he jams, and I instantly know that I have the best hand and snap call. He turns over QJ off and the board runs out AQ47J. So he gets super lucky and hits two pair. I feel that the line I took is the best line to take considering the agro player I am against, and was happy with just taking down the $180 in the pot pre-flop considering I did not have a pair, but I knew I was ahead. But I would like to hear from some other thoughts?

C

chazmahal10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right hand wrong spot

You played the hand correctly to get max value. Against the super aggressive players you're gonna end up being paid off more than not so setting them up is the way to go. Unlucky that he nailed the river. GL

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You win 64% of the time you are in this situation. Congrats on getting the aggro to commit his stack at such a disadvantage. Now the question is how long did it take for you to get your $$$ back from him? Did he hit-n-run or did someone else stack him before you could?

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you did everything right. Your good what,? 77% of the time in that spot. I could only imagine though that coolers at those stakes hurts like a son of a bitch....that is rough best of luck man. I usually always hate calling off my entire stack with Top/Top....but it's usually good against certain players in certain situations which is true.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd say you played it like a champ and luck favored the one seeking it.