BB/100 hands in micro stakes

bellam

bellam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This weekend I started playing more cash games instead of tournaments.

I'm currently playing at 1c/2c NL tables and trying to move up steadily in stakes.

With a sample size of 1720 hands I average at 31.05 BB/100 hands.

Most probably have no idea on this forum but if you have played micro stakes before,
I ask you this; how many BB/100 hands in 1c/2c games would you consider great?

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a sample size of 1720 hands I average at 31.05 BB/100 hands.

Most probably have no idea on this forum but if you have played micro stakes before,
I ask you this; how many BB/100 hands in 1c/2c games would you consider great?

Hey man,

thats a very nice winrate! But sadly it wont last long i guess^^

To estimate youre true winrate you want to look at a sample of around 50-100k Hands.

8-10bb/100 is crushing a limit. And you should consider moving up, if you have the roll.

bellam

bellam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 27$ right now (profit of 10$). Guess I'm a recreational lol but I've been studying and playing alot more the past 3 months than usual. I've tried myself at microstakes multiple times but have always seen failure doing so.

I supposed it was because of the tactics and approach I used were on a different level to the more straight forward and LOOSE nature of microstakes.

I just started playing tight. My PT4 stats are around 22 VPIP and 9 PRF.
I also tag the most ludicrous donks and scout all the tables for them before
3-tabling.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice results, one of the best I know. Keep on rolling, only the sky is the limit.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 27$ right now (profit of 10$). Guess I'm a recreational lol but I've been studying and playing alot more the past 3 months than usual. I've tried myself at microstakes multiple times but have always seen failure doing so.

I supposed it was because of the tactics and approach I used were on a different level to the more straight forward and LOOSE nature of microstakes.

I just started playing tight. My PT4 stats are around 22 VPIP and 9 PRF.
I also tag the most ludicrous donks and scout all the tables for them before
3-tabling.

Keep it up! But be also prepared for a 10 buyins (or more) downswing, wich will happen even if you crush a limit and play youre A-game. Thats why you want to have a bigger bankroll for your limit. You want to aim at something between 20-40 buyins for your limit, wich would be a min. of 40$.

Its not called grinding for no reason ;) Keep playing, work and improve. Being up 30bb/100 is awesome, dont get me wrong. But variance is a bitch :D

If you feel confident right now, keep doing what youre doing, keep improving and studying. Learn your HUD, and how to use it. There are a lot of options you wont see right now, but you will find over time. Review your sessions after grinding.

In general you want to play very tight at the micros. Overfolding a lot, wich is harder than you think when you start of. Biggest mistake of players there is they are too aggressive to often and not folding when they should. Playing TAG really pays of at these stackes.

As far as your stats go, what are you playing? NLH 6max?

bellam

bellam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the positive comments and advice :)

Yes I play at 6 NLH. I despise full rings, especially in tournaments.

bellam

bellam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good job so far at the tables! Keep up the good work. 31.05 BB/100 is a really good win rate.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I can say is that 1720 hands is way too small of a sample to derive statistics from. By far the main reason for your results is variance. Good luck and let us know your statistics after 1 million hands played, I hope too see an even better win rate!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands