Bankroll Management.

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply put... What's the best way to build a $1/$2 bankroll if you only have about $500-$600 to play with? Just wait to save up more or play super TAG?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simply put... What's the best way to build a $1/$2 bankroll if you only have about $500-$600 to play with? Just wait to save up more or play super TAG?

What variant of poker are you playing? Ring or Tourney?

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait and save up more , otherwise u might lose motivation if go broke with that money because of a bad run of cards also will add little more stress . save more and go ready to battle at the tables put the hours and learn to beat your local game

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if you play live or online.
But if you play live save more money if you want to play more than just once session cause you can lose 500-600$ in just one session at 1-2 really easy.
If you play online just lower the stales to 10nl and you would be fine, or deposit another 6k and you will be.. something probably not fine but won't lose everything fast.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Playing super TAG wont help at all. The variance is still there no matter how tight or loose you play. Of course some playstyles can swing harder but thats only 3 BI you have got there and trust me I tried playing cash games with 3 BI many many times and it ALWAYS went wrong. Just dont do it.

You would just throw you 600 dollars away. Save up more, or play lower. If you want to only stick to live and cant play lower than 1/2, then you will have to save up more money.

Really the best advice is NOT to play with such a low BR.
I am not the person who would play cash games with 100+BI, I have more aggressive bankroll approach like 40-50BI but 3 buy ins is just too low!

Good luck :)

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d personally say play online cash micro stakes and study. Learn how to crush these stakes within your bank roll, then move up. When your bank roll allows it, then start playing $1/$2. I find that live is easier to play than online.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
choose such a limit to take on the table no more than 10% of your capital, unless of course you plan to make a deposit soon or start again with freerolls.

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the input, guys. It is much appreciated.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Ca. where for a long time you couldn't even find a No Limit game (you can now) you could buy in to a limit holdem game for $40.

Where are you playing?

Last edited:
S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Ca. where for a long time you couldn't even find a No Limit game (you can now) you could buy in to a limit holdem game for $40.

Where are you playing?
In Oklahoma. $1/$2 buy-in range is $50-$300.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a nice structure for BRM.
original.png

Explanation: when you reach the green value, you move up. If it goes back down to red, move down. As you progress through levels, withdraw the blue amount.

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice overview really helpfull or others thanks!

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a full time job all you need is 1 buy in. If you lose 40% of it, quit and wait for next paycheck.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There my friend,

I would firstly change your buy in..reduce it to either 25/50 or 50/1 at the most.

I know there are lots of recommended levels suggested out there but $500 needs careful planning..certainly $1/$2 is too high..in my humble opinion.

Regards

pirateglenn

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi There my friend,

I would firstly change your buy in..reduce it to either 25/50 or 50/1 at the most.

I know there are lots of recommended levels suggested out there but $500 needs careful planning..certainly $1/$2 is too high..in my humble opinion.

Regards

pirateglenn

$1/$2 is the lowest LIVE game....

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP or not OP

I wish you well regardless:D

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi There my friend,

Regards

pirateglenn
As the other member said, I was indeed referring to live games. Not online. Thank you though.

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a full time job all you need is 1 buy in. If you lose 40% of it, quit and wait for next paycheck.
Which is what I've been doing. Honestly. Start with one, build and save. Was just curious as to how other people might approach it.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes as the other member already said and you are most welcome.

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ian,

That's a good guideline to follow for online. Where do you play?

S

SuitedJok3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you played well but you should have check-call turn & check-fold river
I'm assuming you're referring to my other post about KJs. After looking back, I do agree with you. Thank you.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if u have playing on NL200 nlhe u must have 50bi for marginal brm its 10k br & if u have $500-600 bucks br it's br for NL25 that is 0.1/0.25 stacked

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management