bankroll at low limits

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi. tell me what I need to make a deposit to play at 0.25/0.50? attempted with 20. turned out badly. how to count bankroll?

what should be the bankroll? To play safe

How to play pocket 10 on the UTG?

come on! people get connected!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thebigslade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want a minimum of 20 buy-ins a given stake. If you want to play .25/.50, and you're buying in for $50, you'll want $1000 in your roll.

If you want to deposit $20, play 0.01/0.02NL

S

smihailov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When seating on a cash NL game be ready to put 100 BB, although the table permits to sit with less. This way the strategy of the other players against you will be different and you will not be putted on such pressure. I think it is not necessary to deposit the whole 1000 dollars in your bankroll, but if you intend to play that limit be ready to invest such amount. NL50 is a limit with serious players and you should proceed with seriousness.

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want a minimum of 20 buy-ins a given stake. If you want to play .25/.50, and you're buying in for $50, you'll want $1000 in your roll.

If you want to deposit $20, play 0.01/0.02NL

agree! 3 min buy-inns. perhaps this should be a bankroll to play safe

When seating on a cash NL game be ready to put 100 BB, although the table permits to sit with less. This way the strategy of the other players against you will be different and you will not be putted on such pressure. I think it is not necessary to deposit the whole 1000 dollars in your bankroll, but if you intend to play that limit be ready to invest such amount. NL50 is a limit with serious players and you should proceed with seriousness.

try to invest $ 100)

means better with 100$ above 0.50 / 1 does not play? I understand. 100BB?

how to play 10.10 UTG with an average stack?

if I play 0.25/0.50 and I stack 43$?

make the call or immediately raise? if you raise how much?

S

smihailov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make the call or immediately raise? if you raise how much?

Depends on your image on the table. If you don`t call or raise very often then raise about 3BB and fold if you are being reraised. In other situations just call and be ready to fold on the flop if there is higher card on the board. 10,10 is not very strong hand preflop.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi. tell me what I need to make a deposit to play at 0.25/0.50? attempted with 20. turned out badly. how to count bankroll?

And seriously man, don't play 0.25/0.50 (50nl) if you don't know what to do when you get dealt pocket tens UTG. Start at the bottom or you'll lose a lot of money

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
And seriously man, don't play 0.25/0.50 (50nl) if you don't know what to do when you get dealt pocket tens UTG. Start at the bottom or you'll lose a lot of money

+1

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your image on the table. If you don`t call or raise very often then raise about 3BB and fold if you are being reraised. In other situations just call and be ready to fold on the flop if there is higher card on the board. 10,10 is not very strong hand preflop.

thanks for the advice

Raise 3-4 BB

Thank you. that's what I did, but when you do raise half stack ready to moved all-inns. not very comfortable)

of course! quote phrases famous people, everyone can!

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course! quote phrases famous people, everyone can!

No seriously, + infinity

She is just reinforcing MMs statement to be very very important.

You have no idea what you are walking into. If you are serious about poker, 50NL is never the stakes to start at. Ever.

Very Few people even naturally start off at 2nl without reading poker and not lose their first deposits. You will be creamed at 50nl 99.9 pct.

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you. that's what I did, but when you do raise half stack ready to moved all-inns. not very comfortable)

Read dependent. A HUD help a tone here. Essentially if he showed any signs of able to 3bet preflop (like 8-9 pct) quite light you can call with TT against a half stacker.

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course since your are UTG, and if your opponent looks like the type to understand position opening ranges, TT is probably a fold even if your opponent light 3bs.

From my experience, very rarely a 3bet against EP is a hand that TT can beat.

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course since your are UTG, and if your opponent looks like the type to understand position opening ranges, TT is probably a fold even if your opponent light 3bs.

From my experience, very rarely a 3bet against EP is a hand that TT can beat.

ок. thanks. I will bear in mind

who knows... why FTP is such a small guaranteed tournaments!? unlike PS

is it only because of the number of people?

why not involve people good guarantors?!

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can the PS thus impede the flow of players?!

Don't see your point here, I quoted a post well said.

) I understood

EvertonGirl
where you prefer to play on PS or FTP? tournament or cash

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I love to play PS for SnG's. I play really low stakes on PS like the 380mans for 0.10 or the 0.25 90mans and 0.25 45mans.

I play more freerolls than anything but that's more on FTP.

They are my favourite sites :)

I prefer tournaments to cash :)

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play PS for SnG's. I play really low stakes on PS like the 380mans for 0.10 or the 0.25 90mans and 0.25 45mans.

I play more freerolls than anything but that's more on FTP.

They are my favourite sites :

I prefer tournaments to cash :)

)))

yes. neither do I. while in freerolls and low cash tournaments

try to raise their level of play! and play at a major tournament!

until my achievements are limited to a victory in the tournament bankroll in PS

today busted bubble in FTP) unpleasant)

nother current achievementsplayed. in cash. started immediately around it was 50. played 0.25/0.50. won the 160 ...

sat at the table 1/2 and lost everything)))

probably not have time to readjust

have an opinion? cost pass to the limit?

and that will advise on future developments

that no one has any opinions!?

share their experiences. it will be interesting what are the errors in the cash games

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your going to play NL50 I suggest you need a minimum $500 BR....prolly more...and that's a lot of $ to be risking....start out at NL2 and deposit $20-$25 or so (less risk) for NL5 you need $50-$100 min....BR management is key and u don't wanna go broke easy!

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your going to play NL50 I suggest you need a minimum $500 BR....prolly more...and that's a lot of $ to be risking....start out at NL2 and deposit $20-$25 or so (less risk) for NL5 you need $50-$100 min....BR management is key and u don't wanna go broke easy!

I still can not afford BR 500$)

BR with 100$ where it is better to play?

cash that nobody plays?

who as configured so as not to go on tilt?

how to catch the game, if I have a stack of 20 bb?

whether it is possible for this UTG call with A8, A9, A10?

N

NorskNewman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you trying to get your number of posts up for the freerolls or something? posting every two minutes? Admins dont play around with that.
also if you cant afford a $500 bank roll, then that means you are not rolled for 50NL.... if your bankroll is $100, then you play 5NL thats .02/.05cent . and if you lose a few buyins, you should drop down to 2NL 01.02cent/

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
itsmebobd

itsmebobd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First start off by reading doyle brunson super system 2, im not trying to be a jerk but it sounds like you're at the beginning of your poker adventure, and need to master the basics before trying to do anything advanced, otherwise you'll develop fancy play syndrome (FPS)... I was there once too :)
good luck

torbush77

torbush77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today I took the 2nd place in bankroll!

I know English is not your mother tongue but these questions don't make sense.

you are absolutely right my friend!! I just try to become a member of the club

I know English is not your mother tongue but these questions don't make sense.

and I also really try to raise their level in poker! yes english is not my native language! but I'm trying to put ideas in your posts.

are you trying to get your number of posts up for the freerolls or something? posting every two minutes? Admins dont play around with that.
also if you cant afford a $500 bank roll, then that means you are not rolled for 50NL.... if your bankroll is $100, then you play 5NL thats .02/.05cent . and if you lose a few buyins, you should drop down to 2NL 01.02cent/
thanks for the tip! as for my posts, then let it judge those who follow this. yes I want to become a full-fledged member of the club!

First start off by reading doyle brunson super system 2, im not trying to be a jerk but it sounds like you're at the beginning of your poker adventure, and need to master the basics before trying to do anything advanced, otherwise you'll develop fancy play syndrome (FPS)... I was there once too :)
good luck

thanks friend! be sure to refer to the experience of legend! I feel the lack of theory

and I'm sorry for my english

I think if you are asking such noob questions, you should start out @ 2nl.... 1c/2c. I am not trying to be snarky, but you really are just wasting your $$$ @50nl if your asking questions like how to play 10s UTG or simple BR management questions. Play the smallest of limits and be prepared to study and potentially make more deposits, until you are beating the current level. Then and only then should you be moving up in stakes... that is unless you don't care and just want to play recreationally.

yes, i understand that. and want to stick with it, but it can not always. probably lack the experience

Train on conventional chips, play on money with your current skill equally throw ur cash into the fire. I'm lose $30 deposite for 2 days on nl10, when play with no-skill. Now i'm play only tournaments (mtt), low limit's game so bored.

can hold off the cashe and play the freerolls. in such tournaments have gained good experience

hard to keep themselves when there is an opportunity to play in the cashe

I have already paid for their expensive training)

In cash games, i read 100 times the big blind u want to join is the minimum bankroll to set. So 200x the bigblind would be okay.

would always live by the rules)))

all feel the difference between tournament and cash game! I used to play with a strategy. now I need to rebuild. if I do not have time to readjust I can go on tilt.

who has any feeling between playing in tournaments and cash? not only because I feel the difference of fighting

who believes that the need to adhere to a single strategy? or my understanding correct?

G

grandpajesse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you are asking such noob questions, you should start out @ 2nl.... 1c/2c. I am not trying to be snarky, but you really are just wasting your $$$ @50nl if your asking questions like how to play 10s UTG or simple BR management questions. Play the smallest of limits and be prepared to study and potentially make more deposits, until you are beating the current level. Then and only then should you be moving up in stakes... that is unless you don't care and just want to play recreationally.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management