Bank roll amounts

R

Rhino999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What would players usually have in there BR to play a 1-3 cash live game once a week for about 8-12 hours?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a bankroll of 4000 $ u can play 1-2 cash game
  • You should have at least 20 times the buy in for cash games
  • You should have at least 40 buy ins for SnG tournaments.
gives u enough room for variance loses
gl on and off the felts

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20 buy ins ($6000) is considered a safe bankroll. I've played with as low as 4 or 5 buy ins, but that is super risky. I just didn't have a choice.

Some players prefer more aggressive bankroll management, while others prefer to stay on the safe side. If you play a high variance style of poker or you are just starting out, it is better to have more buy ins. If you are a tighter player with a lot of experience, you could probably get away with a smaller bankroll to start.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bankroll can be substantially less playing live. If you are a skilled player you could play 1-3 with 2.5K, easily. The more the better obviously, but 6k is extremely excessive for live play.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most important aspects and killers in the poker world is poor bankroll management. I feel if you do 25-30 buy-ins for someone starting out should be fine.

Good or Bad players it doesn't matter. You need to have a decent roll which would be 4k. Just remember variance. I think 6k would be also a decent starting point as well due to getting use to your surroundings.

1/3 ?? Your at crown?

And if your also starting out just focus on learning and not worry about how much you can win or not win. Because some players it doesn't matter how much money you have in your bankroll you will lose.

Best of luck.

J

johncapper750

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online and Live play formats for bankrolls differs greatly. Typically, your bankroll live should be less than your bankroll online. This accounts for all the variables that online play throws into the mix. When you play live there is a far lesser chance of bad beats, fish, and other negative variables.

I am far more comfortable playing live than online so this may just be me but this is what I have learned. As the person above said. Following Ferguson's bankroll management rules is a fantastic way to start out and feel out your own set of rules to make you a profitable player.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online and Live play formats for bankrolls differs greatly. Typically, your bankroll live should be less than your bankroll online. This accounts for all the variables that online play throws into the mix. When you play live there is a far lesser chance of bad beats, fish, and other negative variables.

I am far more comfortable playing live than online so this may just be me but this is what I have learned. As the person above said. Following Ferguson's bankroll management rules is a fantastic way to start out and feel out your own set of rules to make you a profitable player.

How is it possible there are less bad beats in live poker than online poker?

Also, there's actually more fish playing live than online.

L

lostcause

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is it possible there are less bad beats in live poker than online poker?

Also, there's actually more fish playing live than online.

I agree with there being more fish live than online. The main reason being that a lot of fish do not trust online poker. There are the same amount of beats live as there are online imo. But there maybe less live on the basis that some people are less likely to call certain bets for fear of embarrassment or looking stupid.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with there being more fish live than online. The main reason being that a lot of fish do not trust online poker. There are the same amount of beats live as there are online imo. But there maybe less live on the basis that some people are less likely to call certain bets for fear of embarrassment or looking stupid.
+1

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't think you have much live experience. If you did, you would know there is very little fear of looking stupid in the player pool.

Jokerman66

Jokerman66

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stop this shit of 20 buy-in, you know, if you have 1k and just wanna take a shot and put 400 in the line, just do it, but if you loose that money you have to move down again

R

Rhino999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that's probly what I will have to do, I usually go to crown and have a crack with 1-2 buy ins and hope I can get going to building a decent stack. My issue has been that on the days that I did well and made $1000 or so I would go shopping or pay bills instead of adding the money to a new bank roll! I'm sure next time I will bank the winnings and start my BR.
Otherwise nothing will change :)
Thanks for all the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

adepoker11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is always advisable empezae playing micro limits

L

lostcause

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you have much live experience. If you did, you would know there is very little fear of looking stupid in the player pool.

No I have plenty of live experience. I said some players. Maybe I should have used the word few. I have played more than 10k hours live. I guess the alcohol does make some people crazy. I took some of my worst beats ever in a live game,.