Analyzing reg's play

L

Lezaleas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've reached a point where I have 10k+ hands on a few regs at my stakes ($5NL mostly).
I'm trying to make a deeper analysis of their game, looking for mistakes, unbalanced ranges and any other kind of exploitable information.
Where do I begin? I have H2N and PT4

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually keep notes as they play their hands or I replay it then and there.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How they construct their ranges.

Rfi per pos
3B ranges
Calling ranges

Get some base stats for the stats you use. See how they play against that baseline, but be aware of stats that have deeper relationships.

For instance if a player wwsf is higher than expected it could be that they play too tight pre flop, if not they bluff too much. So look for re bluff spots vs said players.

Look at spots where they call a 2B pre, and raise either flop or turn. Do they do this in a balanced way or is it value heavy. Useful for when they raise you.

River bets are the same. Is it ever a bluff?

What’s the lightest 4B?

How wide are ISO ranges vs limpers? Do they ever iso weaker hands vs two limpers?

I’d obviously note findings per player. You’ll find some players iso almost as wide as rfi, these should be attacked often. Some will use an almost linear 3B range. Avoid these spots without a value hand.

Do players raise flops and turns decently balanced, if not which way do they go?

Etc

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not an advisor on this issue, but if I delve into statistics. I'd primarily watch their hands go to showdown, and their betsizing through the streets.

L

Lezaleas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How they construct their ranges.

Rfi per pos
3B ranges
Calling ranges

Get some base stats for the stats you use. See how they play against that baseline, but be aware of stats that have deeper relationships.

For instance if a player wwsf is higher than expected it could be that they play too tight pre flop, if not they bluff too much. So look for re bluff spots vs said players.

Look at spots where they call a 2B pre, and raise either flop or turn. Do they do this in a balanced way or is it value heavy. Useful for when they raise you.

River bets are the same. Is it ever a bluff?

What’s the lightest 4B?

How wide are ISO ranges vs limpers? Do they ever iso weaker hands vs two limpers?

I’d obviously note findings per player. You’ll find some players iso almost as wide as rfi, these should be attacked often. Some will use an almost linear 3B range. Avoid these spots without a value hand.

Do players raise flops and turns decently balanced, if not which way do they go?

Etc

Immensely useful, thx a lot.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be aware when looking for bet sizing tells to take into account any likely range reasons.

You’ll almost certainly find a tell or two. But obviously a cb on a bone dry board should be smaller than on a wet board etc.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry, but analyzing regs on nl5 is just waste of time. if you stay there too long then you should focus on your game, not your villains. Because mostly you have the big leaks and firstly you should work on them and move up.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry, but analyzing regs on nl5 is just waste of time. if you stay there too long then you should focus on your game, not your villains. Because mostly you have the big leaks and firstly you should work on them and move up.

It’s all good practice.