AJ Plays Well

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you can be throwing AJ hand away, I think you almost have to play AXs and in some cases A9o+ and if you can get away with it A8 o & A7o, I wouldnt go less than that unless you are looking for the straight then you can go A5o-A2o.

You dont want to be there and the flop comes 388 rainbow and you just threw away A8o.

This is a good hand and at times you just have to out play your opponent, most of the time they have nothing and online players bluff way to much to let there hands go when it holds junk!

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against aggressive players, limpers and phones you can in most cases play with AJ and go all-Inn... against the rocks to three times to think things through than to make the fatal result, or by winning step

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AJo is always playable in an unopened pot, but if there is action ahead of you other than limping it can often be a fold.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I juar kind of like AJ becasue you know where you are in the hand, if they are trying to beat the hell out of you, you make that straight easier and seems like jacks like to hit the flop, turn and river. If not the straight is always there and seems like it is hidden because most dont think you would call a raise or stay in until the river with 14 BB raises.
AJo is always playable in an unopened pot, but if there is action ahead of you other than limping it can often be a fold.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes the rocks are the one I want in the hand, because if they catch something, they won't let it go!
against aggressive players, limpers and phones you can in most cases play with AJ and go all-Inn... against the rocks to three times to think things through than to make the fatal result, or by winning step

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks!! I think I play pretty well too :cool::cool::cool:

But ya definitely can be a fold depending on position and actions of others.
And on the other hand plays well against certain looser players.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dunno. Under normal circumstances you can open raise but if you are 4bet jammed on what are you really ahead of? The occasional AT and the agrotard's K2s, A2s but not much else.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think you can be throwing AJ hand away, I think you almost have to play AXs and in some cases A9o+ and if you can get away with it A8 o & A7o, I wouldnt go less than that unless you are looking for the straight then you can go A5o-A2o.

You dont want to be there and the flop comes 388 rainbow and you just threw away A8o.

This is a good hand and at times you just have to out play your opponent, most of the time they have nothing and online players bluff way to much to let there hands go when it holds junk!

Does that means you will raise with AJ preflop?How much?

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AJ can get ya in some trouble depending on position and action, but AJ is an open for me anywhere on a 6max table, and a 3bet is some instances.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always raise with AJ 3 BB, I have to see what I am up against, and as far as I can tell it's always a set minor.

I have made straights with it, I have made full houses with it and if there is a A or Just a king then I know to go slow with it and see what develops, most of the time, I do well it has made money, i want a lot of small pots and a few large pots, and have lost only medium to small pots with it.

I have thrown it out also, If I raise 3 BB and somone else calls and then a reraise or if I get reraised to like 5-8 BB I lay it down preflop, this hand you want to be the leader on, and in charge because the other person is making it a big pot and I dont want to loose when I am already beaten by a nig pair or AK
Does that means you will raise with AJ preflop?How much?

T

Theiceman42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I took aj off out of my range for anything other than RFI pre online. (9 max) Ajs is a good 3 bet in late position.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ. statistically, has approximately the same value as between 77 and 88.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took aj off out of my range for anything other than RFI pre online. (9 max) Ajs is a good 3 bet in late position.
I agree with this. I also often 3 bet AJs from the blinds vs late position opens. I don't mind folding AJo UTG or UTG+1 depending on the table either.

T

Theiceman42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this. I also often 3 bet AJs from the blinds vs late position opens. I don't mind folding AJo UTG or UTG+1 depending on the table either.

Yea I just feel like its such a weak hand in a 4-way+ pot. I'll flat it in any position that has tighter aggressive players through the button (if that makes any sense) to see if I can get in a heads up limp battle with the big blind/small blind. But I play it that way live mainly because I play in colorado (1$/2$) so theres a lot of tight players that will check AK any chance they get. Mainly the older generation not to be judgemental but the stereotype is mostly true. And all of this being said is why I love LIVE poker over online because live reads and learning stereotypes will save/profit you just as much money as any HUD online. Not that I've ever used one. (Only play online via mobile)

T

Theiceman42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ. statistically, has approximately the same value as between 77 and 88.

It definitely feels like those hands when you play it... hit the flop big or dont get too committed.. delicate balancing act of you ask me.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AJs and AJo are considered very strong poker hands. Of course, I also almost always raise on such hands, and then I look at the actions of my opponents. If my opponent makes a 3bet, then most likely I make a pass, it all depends on how my opponent played before this hand. If my opponent makes an all-in, then in most cases I make a pass. AJ is a good hand, but not so much to risk the whole stack. I love A2s-A10s and I really don't like A2o-A10o on such a card I call only when I'm in the Blind.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 10 and up are good hand to play for sure.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ambiguous hand. need to play according to the situation. and it depends who is in front of you ...

S

Salteballe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think all cards with A cause troubles. Hard to decide...

G

good4nothing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all hands can be played with a reasonable price. If I don't know the players in the table, I will not play AJo. But after one hour seeing how players call, raise, I know when I can play Ax.

If I have A8o and people raise 3BB, I will fold and use money to buy PowerBall. The chance to have 388 in flop is too small.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AJ plays well in certain situations. In others it is better to discard it.
I could accept AJ in middle and late positions to enter wells with players who don't play too tight.
The Axs play well in medium wells with few players.
I usually defend these hands in blind positions. I can include them in a call range of 3bets standards, but I almost always exclude them from the 4bets.
Against tight players these hands have little strength and I prefer to participate in smaller wells.
Greetings.

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitly have played AJ in any position, it is such a good hand! I open it in every position. Against an open I often play AJ as well, just against some kind of tight players playing in early position I would fold it up.