Aggression in the later stages is the key to placing in MTT
Hi all, and merry christmas
Over the past month I have decided to increase the aggression in the latter stages of MTT and it seems like it works.
It is only a small sample, but this month so far I have played 40 MTT, all 50 - 350 players, and I have hit the final table on 7 occassions. (And made a nice profit, thank you very much )
After a period of time playing extra tight I decided to increase the pace.
I don`t make stupid bets, but I will put other players to the test and make them make the decision.
The upsides are numerous, including
- You win lots of blinds when they are worth it.
- People avoid playing pots against you.
- People will eventually get sick and they call when u have a hand.
The downsides seem to be
- From time to time you get caught out.
- You bubble on a regular basis. (I have been the bubble boy 5 times out of the 40 )
So you need to accept that you will place high or go out after 4 hours of play.
I know it might be basic stuff, but I though it would be good to share with you all.