Aggression At Different Limits

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. We all know Aggressive players get the money. Agg Factor is useful for identifying opponents. But as you move up limits, players float your cbets more and continue further. Floating is a passive action (Calling a cbet). I see many good players floating often and check-calling for value against barreling donks. Some are really excellent regs but have Agg Factors in the region of 1.0-1.7. Mostly due to this frequent floating strategy. This could have them mistaken for a tight passive station. When they're actually a winning player.

So I have 2 questions to ask.

1. Does Agg Factor becomes less reliable for identifying opponent types as you move up limits? (As we expect to get floated and check-called a tonne).

2. How do you (Personally) use a player's Aggression stats to determine what kind of player they are?

Thanks,

Rage

Last edited:

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression as you go up the ladder..

When blinds are up, you should be more aggressive, regardless of opponents style of play. . Floating will not move you up the ladder, at best you will stay at the same station.

If you're normally a tight player, shifting to an aggressive posture is difficult; decisions are harder when you're risking more than you are accustomed.

Try the new aggression in scenarios you are comfortable losing, freebies, low stakes. Just like playing a new variation of poker, a new, aggressive style may not be profitable, right away. But it builds your skills, will help your overall game.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aggression is what good/best players make prof from... on the other hand every nl2 losing players is agressive LUL.

"Does Agg Factor becomes less reliable..." - I would say more specific then less reliable

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to genialize how to be aggressive ... every situation is different, every villain is different
And in low limits you can not invent much, you have to play the same ABC

The only thing you can say about the information you passed is that, in my opinion, the% of theft is very low

The vast majority of profitable players I analyze in sharkscope have a stealing percentage between 25-50%

I think you have to open the reach even more in the final position

This is what I can see with this information ...

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact an offensive player is a sucker for me

In fact an offensive player is a sucker for me.

Once, he gives me the big profit for me in how many times it is.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can be profitable having aggression factor of less than 2 at higher stakes - however I'm only guessing and maybe it's a myth.
I would love to know some winning players aggression stats.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely look at aggression per street. There might be huge differences. You also have to infer or relate aggression to hand range. The tighter the range the more sense it makes for people to play aggressive. I don’t use aggression as an indicator all that often but mostly for type identification. In specific situation I would look much more at specific stats such as FlopXR or FlopR.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its only about bet size