AA vs J9/910os

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon my poker friends, I'd like to share a recent 2/5NLH hand I played at the Horseshoe in Hammond, In.

The game is only 45 minutes or so old, and I've got around a starting stack ($500). I pretty quickly notice 2 middle aged guys being overly aggressive. Several hands pass while I muck and muck and muck. Then almost an hour into the session I find AA. The first of the aggressive guys limps, I make it $30 and the second aggressive guy flats as does the other limper. Everyone else folded. The flop is KJ8 rainbow. First guy checks, I bet $65. They both call. Turn is J, first to act checks and I check behind. The third player jams for my entire stack. Player 1 insta-mucks and I think for a minute and call. I called because there were a lot of hands I'm beating as well I just didn't see him doing this with a Jack unless he put me on EXACTLY aces. I thought about how I could replay the hand and limping preflop is the only other profitable way I think.

After I call he proudly announces " I have a jack" I muck and leave the game. I've always had success leaving the table when I know it's just not my day.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definately a raise preflop, don't question raising AA. I think calling or folding the turn against this type of player are both ok too, though I would lean towards a fold to try and pick a better spot. More importantly, in my opinion, be prepared to stick around instead of leaving because its not your day. He is likely giving his whole stack away in the near future. You want to be the one taking it.

molodoi3000

molodoi3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Millions of such games. At a big distance you will be in a profit. Have patience

M

Marj651992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate AA especially when you have the bluffers and the all in guys at the table. They are the wild cards. All you can do is sit back and wait for them to start losing

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in on flop and you might have taken it down or fold when the second Jack came and opponent went all in against you.

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp to induce bet for me to raise*

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You think shoving $470 into a pot of ~$90 on that board is a profitable play?

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know where I can find investors?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Profitable play 470 shove into a 90 dollar bet yes most of time you scoop 90 or get 1 caller probably the second caller with King and third caller folds and curses himself when Jack hits letting 2 people see more cards against you cheap is a disaster waiting to happen if you are not able to lay down AA when trips highly likely showing on board good luck Jooseme